ZeNfA Productions on how the Nindies Love You sale came to be, wants similar promotions in the future
Posted on 6 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Several developers partnered together to host a “Nindies Love You” sale on the eShop today. 50 percent discounts are live for a number of Wii U and 3DS games in North America, Europe, and Australia.
The campaign started with an idea from Greg Wiggleton, the founder of ZeNfA Productions. In an interview with Nintendo Life, Wiggleton explained how it came about:
I truly had the idea for this group event sale around a year ago when the 1st and 2nd “epic indie sale” events were happening. I was curious if it was possible to host my own type of sale with other indies I’m in contact with and if Nintendo would advertise it on the eShop at all. It was around August 2015 that I finally started to get active in recruiting other Nintendo indies and contacting Nintendo directly about setting up one of these sales.
The very 1st step I took was taking charge of this idea and contacting Nintendo (already with a few select indies interested) back around August 2015. I was curious on how these group sales came into being. Nintendo would go on to tell me that these group indie sales were 100% created from indies and that Nintendo just helped set it up with the indies being in charge of it. From there I tried to gather a bunch of different indie Wii U games that would go well with this sale and show Nintendo that we were interested in doing our own sale. From here, I would go on to be Nintendo’s main contact for our group and talk to Nintendo on what is required, type of banners needed, and deadlines for different parts were. Every few weeks I would send updates to all involved as well as keep Nintendo involved with our developments to help keep them informed that we were serious about doing this sale.
The original goal was to have this 2 week sale period occur sometime around Christmas of 2015. A few of us involved early on thought this might be a good idea. After all, the Christmas period can be very nice for sales. However, a problem with this plan was that this period is usually very crowded. Nintendo themselves even warned us that a sale like this in December was a bad idea and recommended January or February for doing this sale. By October we finally decided to officially make it a February sale. Since this would take place around Valentine’s, we decided on that as a theme and came up with the “Nindies Love You” title for it.
As for another promotion like Nindies Love You, Wiggleton is very much interested in making that happen.
I would love to create new promotions like this in the future. I am hopeful that this event goes well for all involved so that we can all continue to make interesting and fun games for Nintendo systems for all to enjoy. Who knows, maybe one day you might see a similar promotion by me for the Nintendo NX for a new set of games!
Rising Star Games releasing Sadame on the 3DS eShop later this month
Rising Star Games has announced the localization of Mebius’ Sadame, an action RPG for 3DS. The game will be released as an eShop title in North America and Europe on February 25.
A trailer for Sadame is posted below. You’ll find an overview with plenty of gameplay details after the break.
Nintendo Badge Arcade – North American updates for the week of Feb. 8, 2016
Posted on 8 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Update: Bumped to the top. Added in Thursday’s updates.
Nintendo Badge Arcade has been receiving daily updates since heading. Because it’s continually updated with content, we’re rounding up all of the additions and changes in a weekly post.
Here’s what’s on tap for the week of February 8:
– 9 Zelda: Wind Waker HD panels
– 3 Zelda: A Link Between Worlds panels
– 6 Zelda: Tri Force Heroes panels
– 9 Splatoon panels
– 2 pixel sushi panels
– 1 pixel insect panel
– Theme offer until 2/11
Nintendo Download (2/11/16, North America) – Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, Kuru Kuru Kururin, more
Posted on 9 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News, Wii U eShop | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
This week’s North American Nintendo Downloads are as follows:
Wii U Download
Cutie Clash – $1.99
Cutie Pets Go Fishing – $1.99
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty – $14.99
Outside the Realm – $0.49
Word Puzzles by POWGI – $9.99
Wii U Virtual Console
Big Brain Academy – $6.99
Kuru Kuru Kururin – $4.99
Polarium Advance – $6.99
Wii U Demo
Word Puzzles by POWGI – $9.99
Petit Novel Series: Harvest December
– Rock ‘N Racing Off Road (Wii U), Dress to Play: Magic Bubbles! (Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Enjoy Up are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
– The Legend of Legacy (Nintendo 3DS), Citizens of Earth (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 22.
– Save up to 50 percent on select Wii U games including Teslagrad, Chariot and more in Nintendo eShop during the “Nindies Love You” sale! This offer is valid until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 25.
– Nano Assault NEO is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
– Puzzle Monkeys is 50 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
– Avoider, Color Bombs and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 30.
– Shadow Puppeteer is 10 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $13.49) starting at 9:00 a.m. PT on Feb. 12 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 15.
– Girls Like Robots is over 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) starting at 9:00 a.m. PT on Feb. 13 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 20.
– Angry Bunnies, Color Zen and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 14.
– Brunch Panic and Sweet Memories – Blackjack are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 3.
– Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
– Petit Novel series – Harvest December is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $11.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 18.
Source: Nintendo PR
Europe: Download the Bravely Second demo, get 10% off the full game
Posted on 13 hours ago by Matt(@OnePunchMaz) in 3DS eShop, News | 2 Comments | 0 Likes
The demo for Bravely Second will be available on the European eShop later today. Chances are you were going to get it anyway if you’re interested in the full game, at the very least because of the in-game bonuses which are unlocked if you transfer data over from the demo. Now there’s another compelling reason: if you download the demo, the full game will cost you 10% less if you buy it via the Nintendo eShop. Unless you’re getting the game’s Special Edition, this is a pretty good deal.
The offer is valid until March 10th; the game launches on February 26th.
3DS eShop charts (2/10/16)
Posted on 18 hours ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
This week’s 3DS eShop charts are as follows:
1. Final Fantasy Explorers
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
6. Super Mario 3D Land
7. Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
8. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
9. Smash Controller
10. Shovel Knight
11. Super Mario Bros.
12. The Legend of Zelda
13. Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
15. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
16. Pokemon Omega Ruby
18. Pokemon Trading Card Game
19. Fantasy Life
20. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
1. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Launch Trailer
2. Pokemon Picross – Turn Puzzles into Portraits
3. Final Fantasy Explorers Trailer
4. Fire Emblem Fates: Downloadable Content
5. Yo-kai Watch Launch Trailer
6. Yo-kai Watch Episode 1
7. Super Smash Bros. – Final Video Presentation
8. LEGO Marvel’s Avengers Trailer
9. Project X Zone 2 Trailer
10. Mario Kart 7 Video
11. Super Smash Bros. – Bayonetta Gets Wicked
12. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam TV Spot
13. Terraria Announcement Trailer
14. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Just the Fax Trailer
15. Super Smash Bros. – Corrin Chooses to Smash
16. LEGO Marvel’s Avengers Launch Trailer
17. PSMD Special Video: Ep. 1
18. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam E3 2015 Trailer
19. Treehouse Live @ E3 2015 Day 1 Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
20. Nintendo Badge Arcade Trailer
Source: 3DS eShop
Update: Bowser Jr. – Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge – Rosalina footage
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, Videos, Wii U eShop | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Update: Here’s Bowser Jr.:
More footage of Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge is in. Check out some gameplay of Rosalina in the video below.
Toy Defense hitting the North American 3DS eShop on February 25
Posted on 1 day ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in 3DS eShop, News | 0 comments | 0 Likes
Circle Entertainment already confirmed Toy Defense for 3DS last month. Today, the publisher announced that the 3DS eShop game is coming to North America on February 25.
Circle posted the following on Twitter earlier today:
Toy Defense, developed/ported by Haruka Production, plan to released on NA 3DS eShop Feb 25th. More information will be announce soon.
— CIRCLE Ent. (@CIRCLE_Ent) February 10, 2016
Witch & Hero II trailer
A new trailer has gone up for Witch & Hero II. You can watch it below.
Upcoming Japanese eShop releases (2/17/16)
Several new titles are coming to the Japanese eShop on February 17. Here’s a look at the upcoming digital downloads:
Wii U Virtual Console
Yoshi’s Story (N64, 1,028 yen)
Shining Soul (GBA, 702 yen)
Wii U Download
Bird Mania Party (200 yen)
Witch & Hero II (400 yen)