EA Sports Active More Workouts fact sheet, trailer, screenshots
[flashvideo file=http://www.nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ACTIVE_MW_TRAILERv12_ESRB_VP6_1Mbps.flv /]
People around the world have experienced the revolution in interactive fitness with EA SPORTS Active™ Personal Trainer – the highest rated Wii™ fitness product to date*. Developed in collaboration with fitness experts, EA SPORTS Active has proven to be the preferred fitness program for Wii owners, providing an effective, inexpensive way to burn calories, get fit and have fun from the comfort of home.
EA SPORTS Active now introduces More Workouts to provide new challenge and variety. It features over 35 new exercises to create unlimited combinations of customizable exercise routines that target the upper and lower body, as well as cardio.
New to the EA SPORTS Active franchise will be an emphasis on abdominal exercises including curl ups, crunch and punches, as well as a warm up/cool down feature. An all-new presentation will bring users to the tropics and will immerse them in warm weather activities like waterskiing and paddle surfing. The product will also feature the Six-Week Challenge – another step in the journey towards better health and fitness with new daily workouts that ramp up in intensity each week.
EA SPORTS Active™ More Workouts gives users the benefit of a personal trainer in a box and will help them to stay on track to reach their fitness goals. Get inspired, get motivated and get active!
• Benefit of a Personal Trainer in a Box— Similar to a personal trainer, the program provides clear instruction, feedback on technique and encouragement, while also providing calories burned in real time.
• Six-Week Challenge—This personalized full body challenge will give users a new customizable weekly schedule and a weekly check-in with the virtual trainer to track calorie, weight and workout goals.
• Full Body Circuit Workout Routines— The specially designed leg strap holds the Nunchuk™ and the Wii Remote is held in hand to track upper and lower body movements. A resistance band increases the intensity of exercises such as bicep curls**.
• Warm up and Cool down— Eight all-new warm up and cool down exercises that stretch muscles before and after workouts to help prevent aches and injury.
• Abdominal Exercises—All-new detectable abdominal exercises help tone abs and strengthen the mid-section of the body.
• Personal Trainer to More Workouts—Profiles and results achieved in Personal Trainer can be transferred to More Workouts.
• Track Your Journey—To encourage overall wellness, there is a journal that allows user to set goals and track progress – accounting for activities both in and outside of software – while also providing all-new nutrition and fitness tips.
• Workout Your Way—For optimal personalization, circuits can be customized based on interests and fitness level and there is complete flexibility for the duration and intensity level.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Canada
Street Date: Nov 17 (N Am) & 20 (EU)
© 2009 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Metacritic, July 2009
**Leg Strap and Resistance Band are sold separately