the official prediction thread

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Re: the official prediction thread

Postby thomas » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:30 am

I'd be thoroughly disappointed if Retro was responsible for Mario Kart U, unless it's a complete re-inventing of the game. Even then, it seems like any capable studio would be able to do that, while only Retro could make a mind-blowing deep singleplayer experience.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby pie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:55 am

thomas wrote:I'd be thoroughly disappointed if Retro was responsible for Mario Kart U, unless it's a complete re-inventing of the game. Even then, it seems like any capable studio would be able to do that, while only Retro could make a mind-blowing deep singleplayer experience.

Yes. Considering every past entry was mainly developed by Nintendo in-house, I think the same trend is going to happen. Maybe Retro might help again, but its not the project they've been working on for 3 years.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Yeah, I also think it wont be Mario Kart. The thing is, what kind of game will it be? FP Adventure? Platformer? something else? Whatever it is it will be awesome.
The Owls Are Not What They Seem
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:30 pm

A new Star Fox game perhaps?
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby ehead » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:18 am

Retro will surely deliver something for E3 (or even before, another ND perhaps). I'm assuming Retro is developing something that will be more attractive to the Western audience... Personally, I want them to develop some kind of third-person game which mixes action, adventure and possibly some horror elements. Basically, something like Prime but a different IP.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 am

Windstar wrote:A new Star Fox game perhaps?

I would love to play a SF game, preferable one like the old ones, only starships.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 am

So we're a month away from E3, here's what we know so far:
- There will be no main Nintendo conference but there will be one hosted by Miyamoto and Fils-Aime (confusing, I know)
- There will be Nintendo Directs leading to/during E3 week
- Rumors point to the next 3D Mario being unveiled
- More details for LoZ: WW and LTTP2

Exciting? Not sure. I believe they'll unveil Retro's project. I also see Nintendo announcing a new peripheral for the system. Lastly, I think they'll be promising more key IPs for the system (like what they're trying with NintendoLand).

Anyway, what the heck happened with Yoshi's Yarn?
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby jckapono » Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 am

ehead wrote:So we're a month away from E3, here's what we know so far:
- There will be no main Nintendo conference but there will be one hosted by Miyamoto and Fils-Aime (confusing, I know)
- There will be Nintendo Directs leading to/during E3 week
- Rumors point to the next 3D Mario being unveiled
- More details for LoZ: WW and LTTP2

Exciting? Not sure. I believe they'll unveil Retro's project. I also see Nintendo announcing a new peripheral for the system. Lastly, I think they'll be promising more key IPs for the system (like what they're trying with NintendoLand).

Anyway, what the heck happened with Yoshi's Yarn?

The last Nintendo Direct that focused on the Wii U was when...January?

We got vague announcements for Mario Kart, Mario 3D

Monolith's X was announced
Yoshi's Epic Yarn
New Luigi U DLC
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensai
Bayonetta(which I completely forget about)
Wind Waker HD
Wii Party U(again, forgot)

We haven't heard a breath on any of these games since then...besides Luigi U - which is supposed to be released before E3?

I expect all of these games to except maybe X and Bayonetta to playable in some form - or at least shown off at E3. Throw in Smash Bros demo, Pikim, Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Retros project announcement, whether playable or not, and probably at least a tease of an HD Zelda...I'd also like to think they will announce some more new titles at this E3. I'd like about 20 game announcements/demos to come out of their Nintendo Directs/E3 conference, but that number seems high...probably closer to 12-15...but if they are all high quality titles I think that it will be a successful E3/summer for Nintendo.
jckapono
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Nintendo Network ID: jckapono

Postby thomas » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 am

I'm really curious about what CVG, who have been pretty critical of Nintendo, consider to be the game-changing announcements that will make everything alright for Nintendo.

It does seem like we should see something from Bayonetta 2, no?

Curious if they're gonna announce anything in a Direct before E3, or if Miyamoto/Reggie will be announcing things on a live stream right before E3?
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby jckapono » Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 pm

With the recent lack of third part support...Nintendo would be wise to just start buying up some smaller developers like they did with Retro. They should have done it years ago I guess.

But there are some decent third party games on the horizon, unfortunatley Ubisoft seems to be the only company willing to throw their best at the Wii U. And now news that Sega will come out with 7 new titles for the Wii U in their next fiscal year. I guess that is good news, but Sega games are not the best...but of course I am always interested in a new Sonic game.
jckapono
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Nintendo Network ID: jckapono

Postby pie » Fri May 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Nintendo should have some news coming soon, E3 is in a month.
pie
Toad
Toad

Postby Valay » Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm really excited for E3. This should be better than their last 2 conferences put together, easily. 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart, Sonic Lost World, and other possible stuff like X, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Maybe Retro's game too. And that's not counting any 3DS stuff, which should be a lot better than last year's (was really strange how Nintendo held that 3DS software showcase and didn't show anything new, only a few games playable).
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID: ValayNE
3DS Friend Code: 0774-424445455
Wii number: 7994-0434-6099-6888

Postby pie » Sun May 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah, the Nintendo Directs are just going to be like the press conferences. Is there one each day of E3, or only before and after.
pie
Toad
Toad

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 am

Valay wrote:I'm really excited for E3. This should be better than their last 2 conferences put together, easily. 3D Mario, Smash Bros., Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart, Sonic Lost World, and other possible stuff like X, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Maybe Retro's game too. And that's not counting any 3DS stuff, which should be a lot better than last year's (was really strange how Nintendo held that 3DS software showcase and didn't show anything new, only a few games playable).

That would be too cool! I hope we finally see something! Even just a CG trailer!
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby pie » Mon May 20, 2013 5:42 am

Nintendo confirmed we'd be seeing smashbros at this years E3
pie
Toad
Toad