Tales of series

All topics about Sony, Microsoft, or any type of gaming can be discussed here.

Tales of series

Postby Dark Wing » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:53 pm

didn't see a topic on this so i wanted to make one where we can discuss everything we love about the series.

wanna start things off talking about Tales of Xillia. SUPER excited for this game. even went out and ordered myself the collector's edition. August cant come soon enough ^_^

and now i hear they're re-releasing Symphonia 1+2 on PS3 O_O that was the game that got me into the series, so im looking forward to playing that again (since i sillily went and sold my GC one T_T)
Dark Wing
Goomba
Goomba

Re: Tales of series

Postby Patrick » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm keen to try more games in the series after playing through Abyss, but I'm not sure Xillia is for me. I've heard the co-op has some issues so maybe I should just play through Graces with friends instead.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby Dark Wing » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:37 am

Patrick wrote:I'm keen to try more games in the series after playing through Abyss, but I'm not sure Xillia is for me. I've heard the co-op has some issues so maybe I should just play through Graces with friends instead.

i thought Graces is pretty weak story wise, but the combat is one of the best in the series, that i've played, in my opinion. its also the game that drew me back into the tales series for the exact same reason,

to be honest i wasnt all that hyped for Xillia when i first saw it, but then i saw the trailer for Xillia 2, and i dunno what it was but something about it just drew me in. so i'm mainly buying Xillia in the hopes that Xillia 2 gets localized
Dark Wing
Goomba
Goomba

Postby TiggyPudding » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 am

I am sooo hyped for Xillia :D I play Tales games on my own so the co-op isn't an issue for me. I've heard that the combat is even better than Graces' so I think we're in for a treat!
@Dark Wing: What is included in the collectors edition? I should be getting the Day 1 edition ^-^

I'm also really excited for the Symphonia remake. I never got the chance to play Symphonia (those second-hand prices *shudder* :s) so this is a must for me.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Windstar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:07 pm

I've always been interested in this series but never got to play it. I remember one of them had Keroro Gunsou as a secret character or something. It was so random but I loved it.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Dark Wing » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:47 am

TiggyPudding wrote:@Dark Wing: What is included in the collectors edition? I should be getting the Day 1 edition ^-^

it comes with everything included in the day 1 edition (DLC, music CD, artbook) but the art book is 100 pages instead of fifty-something pages, and a 21.5 cm Figurine of Milla Maxwell (which to my understanding was only available thru a lottery in japan)

$99.99 seemed like a good deal at the time but after they announced most of that stuff was also coming with the $60 game, it seems kinda steep now, since im essentially paying $40 for a figurine and 48 more pages in an artbook, but im still gonna get it and im gonna love it. im sure any regret will disappear as soon as i see that statue ^_^

Windstar wrote:I've always been interested in this series but never got to play it. I remember one of them had Keroro Gunsou as a secret character or something. It was so random but I loved it.

if your looking to try out the series, my top suggestion would be to try out tales of symphonia. that game had such a great story. no other tales game i've played yet has surpassed it as my favorite tales game purely from a narrative standpoint. not that i can judge all the tales game, i've only played a few of them, but thats just my opinion based on what i have played
Dark Wing
Goomba
Goomba

Postby TiggyPudding » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

Windstar wrote:I've always been interested in this series but never got to play it. I remember one of them had Keroro Gunsou as a secret character or something. It was so random but I loved it.

OHMYGODS WHICH GAME? :O

@Dark Wing: Niice! The collectors editions are expensive but they're always good. Not that long ago I bought a nice Luke fon Fabre figure (it's about 15-20cm tall.) Set me back £80 but it was worth it :)
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby Dark Wing » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm

speaking of Luke, im playing thru Tales of the Abyss right now on 3DS. hoping to finish it by tuesday before PXZ comes out. i tried playing it long ago but i thought Luke was a jerk and hated his character so i didnt get 2 hours in and i just quite. but then i watched the anime and realized it had a interesting story and Luke has a bit of an attitude adjustment about halfway thru. so now that Luke's done being a jerk im actually having a lot of fun with it lol still wouldnt put it quite as high up as symphonia, but it's definitely better than Legendia. was not a fan of the 2D battles in that game. same with Phantasia, but my biggest issue with that game was i thought the AI was just plain dumb. my party members kept using up all their TP in a single battle and kept dying and just being useless overall -_-
Dark Wing
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Patrick » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:35 pm

TiggyPudding wrote:OHMYGODS WHICH GAME? :O

There's also a Kerero Gunsou RPG for the DS that uses the Tales battle system.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby Windstar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:49 pm

TiggyPudding wrote:OHMYGODS WHICH GAME? :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4-lSE6NMJ8

I remember seeing footage of Keroro RPG. Tamama's fighting voice scares me.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby TiggyPudding » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 am

I'm just gonna go buy Tales of Vesperia... :P
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby Dark Wing » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 pm

so Namco just announce Xillia 2 for NA yesterday! super excited for this game. pretty much the soul reason i even bothered to look at Xillia
Dark Wing
Goomba
Goomba

Return to Other gaming