This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »
Along with new character confirmations, the latest issue of Famitsu contains a ton of new Project X Zone details.
A summary of the information can be found below.
- Support Attacks: special attacks from party members
- Use a Support Attack if another unit is in the vicinity (roughly 8 spaces) of your current unit
- Support unit can perform a followup attack which can only be used once in battle
- Cross Hit is comparable to Support Attacks
- During a Support Attack, if the main unit and support unit strike the enemy simultaneously, you'll trigger a Cross Hit move
- Enemy freezes where the Cross Hit was executed
- More easily perform combos after this happens
- Monolith Soft confirmed as the developer
- Kouji Ishitani and Souichiro Morizumi are "Development Producer"
- Namco Bandai's Kensuke Tsukanaka is producing
- Cross Active Battle System in the game
- Battles are grid-based
- Enter a battle scene when you attack an enemy on the grid map
- Use the d-pad and A button to execute combos
- Critical Hits: happens when you send an enemy into the air and connect your next attack before the enemy hits the ground
- Each character can access 2-3 skills
- Level up and you'll gain additional skills (5-6)
- Individual skills may have the ability to be powered-up
- Encouraged to use as many of your skills as possible
- Receive a bonus if all skills are used
- Use multiple skills rather than using the same skill over and over
- "XP" / "Cross Point" gauge shown in Famitsu
- This gauge builds as you strike enemies
- Use the gauge for special attacks and defensive moves on the maps
- All units use the same gauge
- Using one special move will deplete the gauge fully
- Gauge can rise over 100%
- Perform a Cross Hit and it'll go up to 150%
- Dev. team working on the game's tempo; enemy attacks will be handled quickly so that control will return to you immediately.
- Special cut-ins for when you use your special attacks on bosses
- Battles will be fully voiced
- Pre and post battle comments
Thanks to 4Him for the tip.
Source 1, Source 2