Zelda won’t be getting a LEGO set

Latest news straight from Nintendo Everything!

Postby Valay » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

[nggallery id=2912]

A year ago, one Zelda fan suggested that Nintendo's legendary series should be turned into a LEGO set. "MINGLES" set up a page on LEGO CUUSOO, which eventually gained 10,000 votes of support.

That milestone led to an official review from LEGO. But, unfortunately, the project has been denied despite the large amount of support.

Simply put, it's a business decision. It was explained that "multiple new element molds would be required to create the minifigures for such a product, and the expense of these molds means that the Legend of Zelda project unfortunately does not pass the LEGO Review on the basis of the business case."

The full official statement:
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID: ValayNE
3DS Friend Code: 0774-424445455
Wii number: 7994-0434-6099-6888

Postby I_am_Error » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 am

This is a bummer but I understand. Not only would Zelda sets be a hard mainstream sell but then you get into 'which Zelda title are we going to base our line on'? Sure, Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword would have been a good bet, but I'm really not shocked Lego didn't go for it. I'm just thrilled the project got as far as it did. Perhaps it will convince Nintendo to FINALLY release some Zelda items that aren't plush stuffed animal Links or really lame caps.

The ONLY cool Zelda merchandise I own I had to import from Japan. Have you seen the new Link Figma from Max Factory? Amazing. And it will never see a release stateside.

On the plus side, I heard Lego approved the Back to the Future set =)
It's dangerous to go alone!
I_am_Error
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Re: Zelda won’t be getting a LEGO set

Postby ehead » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:41 am

Make a Lego Zelda game first to test the waters, right???
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Return to Nintendo Everything news