[Video Feature] Eggbusters "Beta" Episode - Super Mario 64

Latest news straight from Nintendo Everything!

Postby Austin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:26 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Before you watch the next episode I want to say two things:

1) A massive thank you to Andrew Nixon, who drew this wonderful picture of me literally busting eggs! It was a great surprise to wake up to this morning, and you all should see quite a bit more of it going forward. With any luck I can convince him to draw us up a logo when the episodes "officially" begin around episode 10. Right, Andrew!?

2) I did one of those cheap split-the-episode-in-two things to try and get people to watch both halves, but after seeing how it turned out I think I'll just stick with the one-glitch-per-part thing I've done in the past. So if you're going to complain about that, don't-- it has already been nixed. :]

Enjoy!

Part two after the break!
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby qopcurtis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 am

Oh no, you quit to early. You can't walk on the sand per se...but you can crawl on it. If you crouch near the sand at the edge of the level and hold the "z" button. As your crouching you push the control stick forward to crawl. You can crawl onto the sand and continue to do so. Please try again, I remeber this from my first time looking for glitches.
qopcurtis
Goomba
Goomba

Nintendo Network ID: qopcurtis

Postby Defuso » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:37 am

Just check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxOpB5wp4QI

Or watch siglemic in general for perfect examples. And if you wanna get crazy check the TAS of SM64. 0Star or 120 Star, both impressive! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Bl6_Y9fCA
Defuso
Goomba
Goomba

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Melatelo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:15 am

Great work Austin! I'm really enjoying these videos
Melatelo
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

Nintendo Network ID: lambking

Postby Disco » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:22 am

This is much more enjoyable than the last series of videos promoted, Two People Gaming (Or whatever it was called).

However, it's still rather long and drawn out, to be honest. The Koopa the Quick glitch just kept going and going with mistakes. Maybe show a couple amusing mishaps en route to actually discovering the glitch, and then show the accomplished glitch. For just showing two glitches, you could have easily put it into one video.

Hope that's helpful.
"I've got better things to do tonight than die." -Springer
Disco
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Wii number: 0971-8970-2289-4079

Postby Austin » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 pm

@qopcurtis: You think so? I'll look into this again taking what you said into account. Also I forgot to test the quicksand inside the pyramid. :(

@Defuso: Geez! Those are ridiculous! I don't think I'd ever speedrun myself, but it does give you a good idea of how many glitches there are in these games.

@Melatelo: Thanks very much. :]

@Disco: Been thinking the same things myself, honestly. They take so long to edit and put together, it'd be easier if each one was just ten minutes for two glitches. Your comments are very helpful; thank you. :]
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby Disco » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 am

What video program(s) are you using? You should be able to cut all the different segments up pretty quickly, with the right tools. Then you could just pick and choose, move them together, and render the combined, shortened video.

I don't make videos too often (No need to, really), but when I do for work, I can usually throw together a decent mixed and edited video in a couple hours using iMovie. Then apply fun effects using After Effects or something.

Either way, it was still enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one. :)
"I've got better things to do tonight than die." -Springer
Disco
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Wii number: 0971-8970-2289-4079

Return to Nintendo Everything news