Here's a Podcast - Episode 35!

Latest news straight from Nintendo Everything!

Postby Austin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Almost entirely unrelated to the podcast: Is this seriously what Nintendo TVii's TV Tag is for?

Not to jinx anything, but this is the second podcast in a row that was filled with insanely dense discussions about games/the industry, touching on subjects like Wii U third party support and how Phil Fish might have a point about dual-screens being a gimmick, PLUS lots of talk about LEGO City, Twilight Princess, and all the news you could want.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby gsnap » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 am

So here's why Fish hating the dual screens doesn't make sense.

Sure, many things that the second screen is used for are not 100% necessary. They can be done with one screen, true. But so what? It doesn't detract from anything. There are no real negatives. There's no reason to complain about something that doesn't affect you negatively. That's why he doesn't make any sense and is just being a punk. He's complaining about something that is either positive or neutral.

That being said, I do think the screens add to the games simply because User Interface is a part of game design. UI is cleaner and nicer with a second screen, and adding touch to that makes it even better.

Look at FE: Awakening. There's so many things to keep track of that they couldn't even fit all of it on two screens. You need three, lol. But having two screens instead of one gives me less menus to dig through and more options. I can look at the battlefield while looking at menus and don't have to keep going into the menu, then backing out, then going in, etc.

It's just plain handy.
gsnap
Goomba
Goomba

Return to Nintendo Everything news