General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Postby ehead » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I wonder when Silver Linings will show here, that's probably the must-see romantic movie of the year. Also, I do hope Django Unchained is better. The Man with the Iron Fists looked bad.

@Windstar: Akira is great. You should give it another go. There's just too many underlying themes in that film, I still haven't grasped several of it.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Windstar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:11 am

Really? Haha, I got nothing from it.

I just saw Ted just now. My friend told me it was awful so I went in with low expectations and came out happy. I found it hilarious, the humor is very reminiscent of Family Guy. The story was nothing too special but it was heartwarming enough to be passable. I actually did get a bit teary eyed toward the end. Also Mark Wahlberg fighting a teddy bear is the best thing ever.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Valay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Windstar wrote:Really? Haha, I got nothing from it.

I just saw Ted just now. My friend told me it was awful so I went in with low expectations and came out happy. I found it hilarious, the humor is very reminiscent of Family Guy. The story was nothing too special but it was heartwarming enough to be passable. I actually did get a bit teary eyed toward the end. Also Mark Wahlberg fighting a teddy bear is the best thing ever.

I saw Ted recently as well. It was probably better than I thought it'd be, and that's coming from someone who isn't a big Family Guy fan.
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID: ValayNE
3DS Friend Code: 0774-424445455
Wii number: 7994-0434-6099-6888

Postby ehead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:55 am

Yo Valay I know you like the Avatar series, you should probably watch this movie called The Last Airbender. I just saw it and I can't help but notice some of the similarities of the movie with the Nick series, albeit the horrendous acting and terrible pacing.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby Windstar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

It's a trap.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Ahahaha. I just re-watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. A bit of spoilers here, but the final fight scene between He Who Must Not Be Named and Harry is very ridiculous. You're frickin' Voldemort and you wield the legendary wand (whatever that's called) and you decide to torture Harry with your fists? Ridiculous, I tell ye. Still a great movie though.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby TiggyPudding » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 am

ehead wrote:Ahahaha. I just re-watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. A bit of spoilers here, but the final fight scene between He Who Must Not Be Named and Harry is very ridiculous. You're frickin' Voldemort and you wield the legendary wand (whatever that's called) and you decide to torture Harry with your fists? Ridiculous, I tell ye. Still a great movie though.

I've never really got into Harry Potter, maybe I should someday. I like taking the piss out of his accent though :p Not as easy now his voice has cracked :/
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:13 pm

That Man of Steel trailer. A lot of people love it, personally I thought it was ok. I can wait to see the movie, with all the JLA rumors and that Wonder Woman pilot.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:48 am

Pacific Rim Trailer

Also,

GLaDOS IS IN THE MOVIE!!
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am

TiggyPudding wrote:
ehead wrote:Ahahaha. I just re-watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. A bit of spoilers here, but the final fight scene between He Who Must Not Be Named and Harry is very ridiculous. You're frickin' Voldemort and you wield the legendary wand (whatever that's called) and you decide to torture Harry with your fists? Ridiculous, I tell ye. Still a great movie though.

I've never really got into Harry Potter, maybe I should someday. I like taking the piss out of his accent though :p Not as easy now his voice has cracked :/

HP is great, but... I know this is cliche, but just read the books, srsly

@ Gabo: ehhhh looks like a pretty forgettable action flick to me. But it has Stringer Bell. Then again, so did Prometheus.

Yes, yes, yes! Fantastic time-travel mind-screw film. Doesn't really make sense when you start to think about it, so just don't think about it. Reminds me of Equilibrium in a lot of ways. Very well worked-out world, quite gritty, a little nonsensical. CGI'd Joseph Gordon-Levitt was weird though; would've been better off without it.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby ehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am

^Internet High Five!

Loved that film, one of the greats this year. And let me add another great film, The Hobbit. Can't wait for the sequel. I don't care if people complain about the length of Peter Jackson films, I love the whole experience I get out of 'em. Also, I loved Dr. Watson's Bilbo Baggins.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I think it looks great. I love Kaiju movies and Del Toro is a great director so I think the movie will deliver.

Anyway, I really want to see The Hobbit. I probably will see it soon.

Also, Wreck it Ralph premiers on Christmas!
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Dat Pacific Rim trailer looks cool and all but GlaDOS is pretty distracting. Also, The Hobbit runs around 2 and half hours, money well spent.
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby thomas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Never actually saw this, but the gf recommended it so we watched it together. Not as sad as I was told it was. Good stuff, though nowhere near the best Disney film. In fact, there's another Disney film with a fox I prefer.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 pm

The Fox and the Hound is a great film, but as you said not one of Disney s best.

Man, apparently Looper is already out of cinemas. They give the movie a stupid name and I miss it.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge