Things To Do Before You Die

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: Things To Do Before You Die

Postby pie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Traveling to big tourist destinations in non-english countries means they will probably speak english anyways. Like Rome, Italy or Paris, France.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby thomas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Yup, in any large European city you won't have problems getting around using just English. Depending on the contry, even outside of the cities most young people will speak fluent English.

And you'll find most people are quite happy to help foreigners if you've bothered to learn some basic phrases/words in their language.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Windstar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Ah, that's pretty cool actually. Learning a few phrases shouldn't be too difficult I suppose.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Learn how to say " excuse me, where can I buy condoms?" in every language. Trust me.

Other dream I have is building my perfect house. Having a "game room", a huge library, movie room, a gigantic bedroom, that kind of stuff!
That reminds me, I always wanted to plant some stuff in my garden. Sadly, I cant until my rabbit roams it.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 pm

^Yes! An entertainment utopia inside the house! Also, a room for my game collection with a new copy of Earthbound!
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby pie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Sr.Gabo wrote:Learn how to say " excuse me, where can I buy condoms?" in every language. Trust me.

Other dream I have is building my perfect house. Having a "game room", a huge library, movie room, a gigantic bedroom, that kind of stuff!
That reminds me, I always wanted to plant some stuff in my garden. Sadly, I cant until my rabbit roams it.

I've been to about 9 different countries and never had to use that phrase.

As for a house, definitely everybodies dream to make an awesome house. Mine would have a lazy river running though it.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby TiggyPudding » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:05 am

Windstar wrote:I would prefer to start with a foreign country that speaks english :P I really have no idea how people get around in countries like Germany or Italy. I would feel awkward trying to communicate with people using hand signals.

And that's a lot of school Tiggu o_O is that for game design or something?

I know D: Doesn't help I started my exams a year later than I was supposed to because I was home ed. Actually I'm studying to be a Veterinary Nurse. Funnily enough I was looking into Game Design at one point but I'm not imaginitive enough for it :(

Sr.Gabo wrote:Learn how to say "excuse me, where can I buy condoms?" in every language. Trust me.

I just spent about ten minutes on Google Translate translating that phrase into every language. It sounds pretty funny in Swedish for some reason xD
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Previous

Return to The Lounge