NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week 2)

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby cadjr2003 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 pm

oshualewis wrote:I've gotten quite a few frog coins I think they ate important but I have no idea cuz I figured mallo's dad would let us buy stuff for them. But I don't know lol. Also how do you start the yoshi stuff cuz I got there and they wouldn't talk to me guess it's cuz I'm not a yoshi lol.


You can use the frog coins in the pond area. When you walk in go up and you'll see two tadpoles in the water. One sells you things if you have the membership card from the musical note minigame.
I didn't find anything particularly useful there though. You get stuff to raise your stats during battle.

Am I the only one who didn't go to Yo'ster yet? I tried going through the lava pipe but couldn't jump over to the first platform. I just figured I needed something to get over there so I just turned around and kept going.

I found the mine cart pretty challenging. Let me rephrase that. It wasn't really challenging but more difficult to control. How are you supposed to use the mushrooms when every two seconds theres a turn? If you could jump on other tracks it would be fine, but you can't.
cadjr2003
User avatar
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Nintendo Network ID: cadjr2003
3DS Friend Code: 2535-3620-0963
Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby SKrumrie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:28 pm

I didn't have any problem with the sewer. I'm stuck in the forest maze trying to follow Geno. I keep losing him.
SKrumrie
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:19 pm
Location: Canada
Nintendo Network ID: SKrumrie
3DS Friend Code: 2449-4785-4098
Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby KokiriHylian » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I haven't gotten around to working toward the third star piece yet, but I have already obtained the second star piece and completed the Yo'ster Isle side quest. I gotta say, those Donkey Kong enemies really are weird haha. In fact, having only played this game once before, I had forgotten how weird a lot of these enemies are.

SKrumrie wrote:I didn't have any problem with the sewer. I'm stuck in the forest maze trying to follow Geno. I keep losing him.

I just looked it up as I couldn't be bothered to figure it out with the uninformative way the game tries to tell you. I mean, that stupid tadpole music thing was bad enough. I'd tell you how, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody else. Sorry!
KokiriHylian
User avatar
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:35 am
Nintendo Network ID: KokiriHylian
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9794-0126
Wii number: 0000-0000-0000-0000

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby Pikmin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:44 pm

I think a link to the past might be coming to the wii u virtual console! I would love to replay it!
Pikmin
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby Austin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:51 pm

KokiriHylian wrote:I gotta say, those Donkey Kong enemies really are weird haha. In fact, having only played this game once before, I had forgotten how weird a lot of these enemies are.


Right!? The Donkey Kong ones are downright strange. It's like this overly well-lit, clay-looking Donkey Kong in chains, and they just call it "Guerrilla". So weird.

KokiriHylian wrote:I just looked it up as I couldn't be bothered to figure it out with the uninformative way the game tries to tell you. I mean, that stupid tadpole music thing was bad enough. I'd tell you how, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody else. Sorry!


Yea, I've found myself looking to guides for this game once or twice. Not because I couldn't figure it out, but because I was pressed for time and needed to get it done on schedule! Doesn't feel like its hurting the game to do so, but in the future I'm gonna try and start earlier so I'm not rushed.

Pikmin wrote:I think a link to the past might be coming to the wii u virtual console! I would love to replay it!


Duly noted! We'll talk about it as this one wraps up.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
User avatar
Magikoopa
Magikoopa
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby cadjr2003 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Pikmin wrote:I think a link to the past might be coming to the wii u virtual console! I would love to replay it!


They haven't said anything about that game yet. It may come, but not anytime soon.
cadjr2003
User avatar
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Nintendo Network ID: cadjr2003
3DS Friend Code: 2535-3620-0963
Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby Austin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 pm

cadjr2003 wrote:
Pikmin wrote:I think a link to the past might be coming to the wii u virtual console! I would love to replay it!


They haven't said anything about that game yet. It may come, but not anytime soon.


Everything I've read says it's out on the Wii VC in North America, but no word on a Wii U release.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
User avatar
Magikoopa
Magikoopa
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby cadjr2003 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Austin wrote:
cadjr2003 wrote:
Pikmin wrote:I think a link to the past might be coming to the wii u virtual console! I would love to replay it!


They haven't said anything about that game yet. It may come, but not anytime soon.


Everything I've read says it's out on the Wii VC in North America, but no word on a Wii U release.


Yeah it's out for the Wii, but nothing for the Wii U yet.
cadjr2003
User avatar
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Location: Norwich, CT
Nintendo Network ID: cadjr2003
3DS Friend Code: 2535-3620-0963
Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby oshualewis » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:56 pm

I'm excited to find out if Laura has changed her opinion since getting Geno on her team.
oshualewis
User avatar
Blooper
Blooper
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 am
Location: Huntington, West Virginia
Nintendo Network ID: oshualewis
3DS Friend Code: 4554-0047-6652

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby KokiriHylian » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:48 am

Heh if anybody enjoys the music in the towns and likes to laugh at Zelda CD-i, check out these videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofbhkbk42Jc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qG70RBzPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svjBBdQ0UEI

See if you can avoiding singing these songs when you play the game again! :P
KokiriHylian
User avatar
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:35 am
Nintendo Network ID: KokiriHylian
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9794-0126
Wii number: 0000-0000-0000-0000

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby Austin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 am

From my Twitter: "Can't upload our new podcast because of Podbean's shit service. Sent them a strongly worded letter. Hopefully it'll be up soon."

Sorry. We had such a fantastic (and admittedly too long) discussion this week, too. :(
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
User avatar
Magikoopa
Magikoopa
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby thomas » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:27 am

Why not use one of dozens other services?
thomas
User avatar
Bowser
Bowser
 
Posts: 4504
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 am

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby TiggyPudding » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:17 am

KokiriHylian wrote:Heh if anybody enjoys the music in the towns and likes to laugh at Zelda CD-i, check out these videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofbhkbk42Jc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qG70RBzPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svjBBdQ0UEI

See if you can avoiding singing these songs when you play the game again! :P


Lol, love Scrub Scrub Scrub. I remember seeing it ages ago, way before I started playing this and it was funny but didn't make complete sense. Now that I know where the music's from it's a lot funnier! :P

Anyways, I'M OUT OF THE SEWER! :D *starts party* I cheated and used a guide though... :s
TiggyPudding
User avatar
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: England
Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby J_Hibiki » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Austin wrote:From my Twitter: "Can't upload our new podcast because of Podbean's shit service. Sent them a strongly worded letter. Hopefully it'll be up soon."

Sorry. We had such a fantastic (and admittedly too long) discussion this week, too. :(



So did you lose the original audio? Or do you just have to wait for podbean to stop being shit to upload?
(I have no clue how the upload process for podbean works)
Image
J_Hibiki
User avatar
Goomba
Goomba
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: NEBC - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Week

Postby Austin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 pm

thomas wrote:Why not use one of dozens other services?


I'm going to be switching this week.

J_Hibiki wrote:So did you lose the original audio? Or do you just have to wait for podbean to stop being shit to upload?
(I have no clue how the upload process for podbean works)


Still got it. I'm gonna switch everything over to Libsyn probably.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Austin
User avatar
Magikoopa
Magikoopa
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron