TV shows

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: TV shows

Postby TiggyPudding » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am

Never heard of ReBoot. Apart from in that other thread. But I forgot that it had been mentioned in the other thread. When I was a kid we got the old Mario and Sonic 90's cartoons (Apart from SatAM), but that was about it in that department.
Windstar wrote:Did you guys see the recently released banned episode of Dexter's Laboratory? Adult swim posted it on their youtube channel, you should watch it. It's interesting haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLN_ka1ZSDg

That just ruined my childhood xD
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Windstar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 pm

I tried watching the Mario and Sonic 90s shows but it just wasn't doing it for me. Nintendo needs to green light some cartoons/anime. Yet strangely I liked the Zelda one... But tell me a Metroid cartoon wouldn't be awesome!

incominggame wrote:Sure I remember ReBoot. It's my favorite cartoon from when I was a kid and still watch it from time to time. I still love that show (hence my username/avatar). Like you said, it's really great to see how they included computer terms in dialog (which I also wasn't understanding as a kid). There's also many "hidden" computer references. In the episode Identity Crisis (part 1 and/or part 2), Megabyte is trying to crack a certain code and you can see 0s and 1s. That's binary code, but even more, it's actually ascii code (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#ASCI ... characters ) and you can check the correspondance binary (or decimal) to text to see what is written.

Did you know that around 2008, the company Rainmaker (formerly Mainframe Entertainment Inc.) was planning to do a ReBoot movie? However, it seems they wanted to change the characters model and I'm not sure how I would feel about that.

Teaser : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zscrv7OJ3TU

Character model : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1POklXaB09Q

Oh I never noticed your avatar and username were from that. Awesome!

I actually didn't know there was going to be a movie. I don't really like the new character model either. Less nostrils and more metallic dreadlocks please. But I guess after like 4 years, it's stuck in development hell. Like the Cowboy Bebop movie :(
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:05 am

Man, Im sooo watching that Dexter episode!
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Valay » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Windstar wrote:I want this

Also, does anyone remember a show called ReBoot? I don't know if it was a big thing outside the U.S. and Canada but it's like a 90's computer-animated show (pretty much a big deal for it's time) and it also takes place inside a computer. I started watching it again and I actually really like it. The animation is of course outdated by today's standards but I think that just adds to the nostalgia for me. I just remember loving this as a child but I wasn't sure I would feel the same now but I do. It's not nearly as cheesy as I thought it'd be. I like how the show uses computer terms. Like rather than saying "I saved your life" they would say "I saved your input-output" or rather than say "Wait til you grow up" they'll say "Wait 'til you compile". Of course as a kid I would have no idea what any of that meant but it's a nice nod to computer geeks.

Reboot was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. Wasn't there some talk about a movie or new show at one point?
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID: ValayNE
3DS Friend Code: 0774-424445455
Wii number: 7994-0434-6099-6888

Postby Windstar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah incominggame posted the teaser and new character model. I just know that it got cancelled in the middle of the third season and the movie never made it to light so there's been no real ending. I'm still on Season 1. I can't wait for S2, I heard it was darker and I really wanna see more stories with Megabyte and Hexadecimal.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby incominggame » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 am

Windstar wrote:Yeah incominggame posted the teaser and new character model. I just know that it got cancelled in the middle of the third season and the movie never made it to light so there's been no real ending. I'm still on Season 1. I can't wait for S2, I heard it was darker and I really wanna see more stories with Megabyte and Hexadecimal.

Yeah, there's no real ending (it even ends with a cliffhanger). The second half of season 2 and the third season are my favorite parts mostly because at that point, there is a good overall story that is continuous from one epsiode to the next. It does get darker, but I'd say it actually happen in the third season.
incominggame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby ehead » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 am

I always skipped that show in favor of some anime I can't quite remember... I think it was Escaflowne or Hell Teacher. Anyway, I saw the banned Dexter episode. I think I've outgrown the series. :(
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Windstar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Other than the swearing, it was a pretty lame episode overall. Don't judge the show on that episode! I find Dexter to be one of those endearing timeless cartoons you can watch and enjoy at any age. (not counting the newer Dexter of course. That was awful.)

Also, I have never heard of those animes and I watched a lot of Toonami as a kid @_@
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 pm

I actually liked the episode. Dexter was one of my favorite cartoons growing up.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 pm

This is so damn cool:

Anyways, The only new show I've watched recently is Power Rangers Megaforce. The acting is awful (But this is Power Rangers so that's okay) but I can't help but to like it. The Red Ranger gets on my nerves but the Blue and Black Rangers are pretty cool.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby thomas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Thomas and his girlfriend like this

her family's been watching IT Crowd, so much funnier than TBBT
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Dude, no way!

I just watched an episode of the It Crowd today, first time. It was the 1st ep of series 3, is my Telly can be trusted.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 am

I finally catch up with Walking Dead. Its good, but I recommend watching it like a marathon. Also, Community is back! Excuse me,

djflkszjfbsakjhfdsjklbskjgjfldszhgdbbs zdfjhzxbfjzhsdbfhbzdhkdbvfzxjhc

I should check that soon.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Is Community as awesome as it was? Me hopes so! Today I attempted to create a Jeff Winger Mii but failed so I gave up.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby thomas » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:02 pm

If you have Netflix and you're into well-written dramas, make sure to check out House of Cards. It's a collaboration between David Fincher (Fight Club, Social Network) and Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, The Usual Suspects). It's every bit as awesome as a collaboration between those two might be.

If it's any indication of where Netflix is heading (they want to be HBO, content-wise), we're in for a treat with season 4 of Arrested Development.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge