What are you playing right now?(This is the best sticky)

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: What are you playing right now?(This is the best sticky)

Postby TiggyPudding » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, I already finished up in the big tree and everything, I was just being too precise about my scribbling XD Thanks guys!
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:15 am

@Windstar

Really? I actually love the 8bit minigames. And I hate minigames.
The Owls Are Not What They Seem
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 am

I mean the games in their own respect aren't bad. The pipe one blew my mind the first time I did it. But I didn't grow up with nes, so I really don't like looking at those dull graphics and I can't really truly enjoy simple games anymore where you're more-or-less playing for a high score. Like Tetris or Galaga or something.

If they did the pixely graphics thing again, I'd wanna see improved visuals for sure. Something more colorful, more detailed, and more depth to the games. I'm spoiled!
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:36 am

Windstar wrote:I mean the games in their own respect aren't bad. The pipe one blew my mind the first time I did it. But I didn't grow up with nes, so I really don't like looking at those dull graphics and I can't really truly enjoy simple games anymore where you're more-or-less playing for a high score. Like Tetris or Galaga or something.

If they did the pixely graphics thing again, I'd wanna see improved visuals for sure. Something more colorful, more detailed, and more depth to the games. I'm spoiled!

You are not a rad dude, dude! You dont feel the old school stuff! the cowabonga retro!

^_^

Anyway, where are you right now?
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Ron » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:19 am

Beat Far Cry 3 tonight. Amazing game. The ending was kinda poopy, disappointed me. Overall fun single player but the multiplayer feels thrown together, kinda like Bioshock 2.
Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Postby Windstar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

Sr.Gabo wrote:
Windstar wrote:I mean the games in their own respect aren't bad. The pipe one blew my mind the first time I did it. But I didn't grow up with nes, so I really don't like looking at those dull graphics and I can't really truly enjoy simple games anymore where you're more-or-less playing for a high score. Like Tetris or Galaga or something.

You are not a rad dude, dude! You dont feel the old school stuff! the cowabonga retro!

^_^

I think I'm at the final boss. Though I sprained my wrist swordturbating I think. So I probably can't play for a few days :c
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby pie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

Been Playing Persona 4 Golden, and I was surprised at how much I'm enjoying this game, the Turn based gameplay is cool and the story is great.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby TiggyPudding » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Windstar wrote:
Sr.Gabo wrote:

^_^

I think I'm at the final boss. Though I sprained my wrist swordturbating I think. So I probably can't play for a few days :c

Bet that was a tricky one to explain to the parents.. :/

Anywaays, been playing lots of NSMBU recently. Finally got Mum & Dad to play it! The idea of the Gamepad being able to change stuff on the TV still scares my mother slightly, but hey :P
Also still on Mighty Switch Force HD. Man, this game is so hard >.>
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Windstar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:42 am

I wanna play that so hard.

Anyhoo, Arkham City arrived today so I've been playing that and keeping my wrist in one piece. This game is actually really hard to get used to and a lot to take in at once. The screen is really close to Batman, the camera took me a while to get used, using weapons took me a while to get too, then looking back and forth between screens but I think I'm somewhat getting the hang of it finally.

It feels like Batman's weapons really aren't ideal for quick combat. You're usually fighting huge mobs of bad guys who are pounding you left and right and it doesn't seem possible to even consider using a weapon. And there's no lock-on feature (that I know of) so you're probably not going to hit them anyway. Also as cool as the fighting is to watch, it does feel a bit like you're just mashing buttons while Batman is leaping halfway across the screen at enemies, twisting elbows, dodging baseball bats, doing acrobatic kicks, punching necks, bashing heads together, catching punches from behind him without even turning around, and just generally beating the living mess out of everyone without even breaking a sweat. Like goddamn, what martial arts did this guy take?

The stealth fights are pretty fun though. Incredibly hard though if all the enemies are pretty close to one another and it's hard to separate one from the rest.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 am

Windstar wrote:I wanna play that so hard.

Anyhoo, Arkham City arrived today so I've been playing that and keeping my wrist in one piece. This game is actually really hard to get used to and a lot to take in at once. The screen is really close to Batman, the camera took me a while to get used, using weapons took me a while to get too, then looking back and forth between screens but I think I'm somewhat getting the hang of it finally.

It feels like Batman's weapons really aren't ideal for quick combat. You're usually fighting huge mobs of bad guys who are pounding you left and right and it doesn't seem possible to even consider using a weapon. And there's no lock-on feature (that I know of) so you're probably not going to hit them anyway. Also as cool as the fighting is to watch, it does feel a bit like you're just mashing buttons while Batman is leaping halfway across the screen at enemies, twisting elbows, dodging baseball bats, doing acrobatic kicks, punching necks, bashing heads together, catching punches from behind him without even turning around, and just generally beating the living mess out of everyone without even breaking a sweat. Like goddamn, what martial arts did this guy take?

The stealth fights are pretty fun though. Incredibly hard though if all the enemies are pretty close to one another and it's hard to separate one from the rest.

I love AC!

And Batman nows every single martial art. The stealth is definitely my favorite stuff in the game, gameplay wise. The gadgets are pretty fun too and the combat gets better once you get it, using all those cool toys to keep the combo going. Too bad the boss fights are pretty meh.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 am

Yeah I'm not so good with fighting yet. I can't even get an 8x combo to use his special moves :c

Also the overworld gameplay is really fun. I really like just gliding around and swinging to faraway buidings.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby ehead » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm

There's is indeed no lock-on feature but the free-flow™ combat works really well. As for using items during combat, I don't use 'em. lol
I think I only used batarangs (minimal). Its all about the brawlin and countering. ;)
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Valay » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Beat Nier. Had a really good time with it. I can understand why some people wouldn't be able to get into the action, but I definitely did. I loved the soundtrack and story.
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID: ValayNE
3DS Friend Code: 0774-424445455
Wii number: 7994-0434-6099-6888

Postby Windstar » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 am

ehead wrote:There's is indeed no lock-on feature but the free-flow™ combat works really well. As for using items during combat, I don't use 'em. lol
I think I only used batarangs (minimal). Its all about the brawlin and countering. ;)

It's definitely way more efficient but I've been trying to use the weapons in battle just so it feels like it has more variety. But then I end up dead a lot.

Right now I'm on a mission where I'm supposed to be following a blood trail to find this ninja assassin girl but I have no idea where it is now so I've just been doing Riddler missions finding the Titan chemicals for Bane. I like that they included notable bad guys for the side missions.
Windstar
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Sr.Gabo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 am

Learn how to use the grappling hook during combat! it is badass. Actually, I should return to the game and get the last trophies left.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge