What are you playing right now?(This is the best sticky)

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: What are you playing right now?(This is the best sticky)

Postby Windstar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:53 pm

Beat Twilight Princess. I really love the subtle storytelling. The ending is sad but I actually like the implications of it. It seems like Midna fell in love with Link (during the second half of the game, I noticed she is a lot more touchy feely) but being from a different world and all, that would be hard to make work. And there's the whole Link and Ilia thing. I guess sometimes if you love someone, you gotta let em go.

I did all the side quests too. Except the cave in Lake Hylia. I guess that's pointless now though.

Anyway, I started City Folk out of boredom, and right at the start during the questioning with Rover, I heard the Kapn whistling Totaka's Song.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby oshualewis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I just bought animal crossing new leaf. Very excited to start it!
oshualewis
Blooper
Blooper

Nintendo Network ID: oshualewis
3DS Friend Code: 4554-0047-6652

Postby Hoggy110 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm

I should finish TP. I only have the enemy cave, Palace of Twilight and Dark Hyrule Castle to do
Hoggy110
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

3DS Friend Code: 3110-5652-5806

Postby Windstar » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 am

If you wanna make Hyrule Castle a bit easier, shoot those armored lizards with bomb arrows before they spot you. Those things are a b**** to kill.

Oh that reminds me, I loved the stealth segment in the Oasis part. If you get caught, you get swarmed by a whooole bunch of monsters and it's like impossible to win. Even more so because I wasn't getting the heart containers after boss battles so I only had like 5 hearts. So I had to snipe them all with arrows from afar. Really fun. And intuitive!
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby TiggyPudding » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:59 pm

Oh yeah, that ending was so sad (even though I found her annoying at the start of the game.) :sad: Without saying too much, I wish Link had leaped through the mirror and gone with her. Who needs Lila? :P
Again, not gonna say much but I'm glad that Skyward Sword had a slightly happier ending. Ahh, just thinking about all this is really making me want to know about the Wii U Zelda!
Anyways, I got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D for free (as part of the So Many Games! promotion.) The framerate's a bit sucky but overall I'm impressed how good the graphics are. Apart from a few details, it's basically the same as the Wii one.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby SparkRaid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Lol well I'm sure most of us are playing AC: New Leaf, which is what I'm playing.
SparkRaid
Goomba
Goomba

Nintendo Network ID: GhostDrive
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2686-8939

Postby Patrick » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Just finished Rayman Origins and Ridge Racer Type 4. They're both great games and I'm not sure why I waited so long to play them.

I guess I should finish Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story before the fourth game comes out, but I'm replaying Bayonetta thanks to all this hype for the sequel. Hard mode sure lives up to its name.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby oshualewis » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm

SparkRaid wrote:Lol well I'm sure most of us are playing AC: New Leaf, which is what I'm playing.

Hey what's your 3ds friend code? Mines 4554-0047-6652
oshualewis
Blooper
Blooper

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 pm

I just played Newer Super Mario Bros Wii, and I'm very impressed! I think it's actually better than New (And remember, this is a fan-made game.) The graphics aren't quite as nice but the levels are really creative and different. The music's pretty good too (check out the toad house music - It's remixed Mario Party music!) It's the most fun I've had with a Mario game for quite some time :)
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby oshualewis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I just got accepted to play the final fantasy XIV 2.0 beta. I'm excited to see how it compares to other MMOs. It doesn't start still Friday so if anyone wants to know how it is I'll post about it.
oshualewis
Blooper
Blooper

Postby Windstar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

I've been replaying Golden Sun recently. Man sooo much dialogue, SHADDAP! But it's still great fun. And really challenging. I like the interactivity with the world outside of battle. Most are pretty straight forward but occasionally you get some where you have to think. I'm at the part where you beat Colosso and then have to go to Venus Lighthouse.

And miraculously, I'm still playing City Folk. And I'm actually enjoying it. I've been planting so many trees. Also, the first time I did got a new hairdo at shampoodles, it literally looked like Franky from One Piece. The hair was blue and it was spiked at the front and the back. If I chose the have the character with visible eye lashes, it would have looked exactly like him! But now my character has a green comb-over business man haircut. I just wish there were more things to do late at night. You can't sell fish and the city completely shuts down by 1 am.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby TiggyPudding » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am

I've always wanted to play Golden Sun :'(

When I got LGTTC I only played it for a week before I got really annoyed with it and sold it :p In New Leaf you can set Ordinances (think I spelt that wrong) and one of them is "Night Owl". Basically it just keeps the shops open longer and the villagers stay up later. It's very handy as I tend to play Animal Crossing at night. Also, you should have kept Franky's haircut! :O My character in New Leaf has stupid pigtails D: I hope a Shampoodle opens up soon.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby pie » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:18 pm

I have a problem, in New Leaf, Majora's Mask or Midna's Mask?
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby Hoggy110 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 pm

pie wrote:I have a problem, in New Leaf, Majora's Mask or Midna's Mask?

The Majora's Mask will take control of you and make you crash a moon into your village. I'd go for Midna's Mask
Hoggy110
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

3DS Friend Code: 3110-5652-5806

Postby Windstar » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:37 pm

TiggyPudding wrote:I've always wanted to play Golden Sun :'(

When I got LGTTC I only played it for a week before I got really annoyed with it and sold it :p In New Leaf you can set Ordinances (think I spelt that wrong) and one of them is "Night Owl". Basically it just keeps the shops open longer and the villagers stay up later. It's very handy as I tend to play Animal Crossing at night. Also, you should have kept Franky's haircut! :O My character in New Leaf has stupid pigtails D: I hope a Shampoodle opens up soon.

That is a greeeat addition! I really like to accessorize so I'm probably going to get a new haircut everyday :P Right now I have a horrible one though so I just strut around in a fake afro and pilot shades. Boss.

Pigtails aren't bad. But this...

What the eff even is that? Who would wear their hair like that?!
Windstar
Peach
Peach

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge