The Pony Topic

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: The Pony Topic

Postby Shade » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am

Discord.

Tomorrow is gonna be amazing.
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3611
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Wii number: 8193-5935-4715-3364

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:01 am

Where is Shade? Well, I guess Ill do it! Click Me! and lets roll!

You Mad, Shade?

So, Discord is back! that alone makes this a better than average episode, at least for me. So, Trollestia has work for Pinkie and the rest, as usual, because if you are the ruler of the world you just make other people solve your problems.

So, Discord is free to be reformed and the only Pony that wants to give the good ol Draconequus a chance is Fluttershy. Discord being a magnificent Bastard has his own agenda.

Chaos! Of course.

The ep was pretty funny overall, mostly because of chaos and it has great Fluttershy and Discord moments. For example, I really like the way Discord s plan gets in motion, all in the background. Sadly, the epic proportions of the episode wasnt enough for 22 minutes. The episode feels short and leaves you wanting more.

Oh Dear

The ending, dont read if you havent seen it. Ok, I like the ending. Discord is the same chaos force we all love, but now he has friends. That doesnt mean that he is not chaotic anymore, he is now a more mature, less selfish pony/dragon thing. I dont think he is ruined or anything. He is just going to be good, most of the time. I think the look in Trollestia s face means that he is not a goodie two shoes. Good, bad he is the Draconequus with the gun. The thing that got me really excited is that know he can be used whatever the writers want, kinda like Luna in season 2. I think thats awesome! Imagine the possibilities! Discord fighting a villian along the mane 6 next season!
Also, the aesop is pretty good. People can improve if they have friends. And that is the magic of friendship.

I can wait for more Discord in the future!

This was definitely a one thing only, I love Shade s recaps and this is just a joke, I really liked this ep and I felt like doing this.
So sorry for ripping you off and keep brony - ing, Shade!
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:33 pm

I haven't seen it. But now that Discord's back, I guess it's mandatory now.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby TiggyPudding » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 pm

God, I'm so behind with these episodes D:
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Shade » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Actually, Gabo, you put it pretty well. I felt much the same way about the episode. Personally, I believe one of the reasons they reformed Discord was because John De Lancie probably wanted to be more involved with the series directly or the studio wanted him to be more involved. Either way, more Discord is good Discord even if it's good Discord.

However, regarding my lack of recap, there were circumstances out of my control that prevented me from giving one. First, I had to work on Saturday, so I wouldn't get to see the episode until later that night. Second, there was an unscheduled power outage, so I didn't get to see it at all until today, but the power went out again in the middle of loading it, so I didn't see the whole thing. Actually, the power only came back around fifteen minutes ago and I just finished watching what was left. But I'm glad that someone was there to fill my shoes in my absence, though I will need those shoes back.

But if I could offer a little criticism, maybe put a little more effort into making your recap more personal. I scan the episodes and take my own screencaps of memorable moments, but I noticed that you simply used pre-existing images that don't really have anything to do with the episode. Taking screencaps gets the point across better when you're trying to relay how good something is. For example:
Tell me you wouldn't want to watch the episode based on this image alone.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 am

Hey, no problem. Good thing you actually watched the episode.

I totally get your point, but Im really lazy and I dont know how to get high quality screenshots and thats basically why I didnt do it. I actually try to avoid mentioning particular moments and talking about them because I thought that was your style, kinda like your own thing. I also was less serious and I tried to give it my own spin. Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully my next one would be better. If that ever happens.

So, if John De Lancie wants to be more involved that means that Discord is definitely going to be important in the future!

There is something that I fear may come truth, I shall talk about it later.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Shade » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Who wants some cutes?
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Shade » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Just for Sidekicks was full of adorable. As an animal lover myself, I greatly enjoyed this episode. There was just so much cute, both from the pets and maybe a little Sweetie Belle. But I'm gonna let some screencaps do the talking this time around.

Finally, some clarification on Pee Wee. Apparently, the reason we haven't seen him around is because Spike eventually returned him to his parents, which was the moral thing to do of course. Just found that interesting. Moving on!

Is it just me, or did Fluttershy intentionally try to guilt Spike into taking care of Angel? Well, I suppose it's more like bribery, but either way, that seemed pretty out of character.

Huh. Apparently Tank's propeller is magic-powered. Was that noticeable back in season 2, because if it was, I never noticed.

And speaking of Tank:
D'awwww!
More d'awwww!

D'a--uh...you feeling okay, Gummy?
Ah, of course. Cupcakes make everything better.
Quick! Get a cupcake!

Uh oh. Gummy just showed emotion. Shit's about to go down.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! NIGHTMARES FOR WEEKS!

Buy your dog-pancake maker today!

Alright, I actually want to talk about this one. See that blue pony there? That's Screw Loose. Look familiar? You might remember her from Read it and Weep back in season 2. You know, the pony who was barking like a dog? Yeah, it's a neat, little cameo, and this scene is quite heartwarming in my opinion. She's a mentally-challenged character, there's no denying it, but she seems so normal here, and that's probably what they were going for. And I like it. Also, I never noticed Big Mac and Cheerilee in the background there until I went back to get this picture. Seems to me like they're still hitting it off.

"No! Not charity! Anything but charity!"

You're probably expecting me to make a Katamari Damacy joke, right? Well, I guess technically this counts, so you're right.

HRGH! God...dammit...Sweetie Belle!

And that's all I got. We ended up getting a lot of references to previous episodes in this one, which is fine by me. One thing of note concerning Angel as well: Even though he's a complete ass most of the time, we really see how much he cares and depends on Fluttershy here. He's one of those love-you-but-I-won't-admit-it kind of characters.

Another thing too was how this episode was setting up for next week's episode, Games Ponies Play. Yeah, all that "Crystal Empire" and "Equestria Games" stuff will come to fruition next week, which means more Cadance and Shining Armor. Looking forward to that.

Also, sorry for all the pics. It's just that most of the stuff worth talking about was visual, soooooo...yeeeaaah.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 am

Damn, this is definitely your best recap yet.

I agree, I really liked this one. It has a lot of cool callbacks (we know what happened to the hostage phoenix!) and the pets where pretty great. I love Gummy! and I also like Spike. Having said that, Sweetie Bells gets one my nerves.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby KIDNINTENDO » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 am

Shade wrote:Image
Quick! Get a cupcake!

Pinkie confirmed for in heat. 8)
THEKIDNINTENDOWIIMAN THEWIIMAN007
KIDNINTENDO
Bowser
Bowser

Nintendo Network ID: K1DN1NT3ND0
3DS Friend Code: 2535-3615-6180
Wii number: 4428-2985-6303-4647

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 pm

I need the help of my Brony/Gamer chums!

Is anyone playing the Pony Gameloft game? I need some friends, chests and hearts. We can exchange accounts and send gifts to each other, we all win. And that, IS the magic of friendship.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby TiggyPudding » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Sr.Gabo wrote:I need the help of my Brony/Gamer chums!

Is anyone playing the Pony Gameloft game? I need some friends, chests and hearts. We can exchange accounts and send gifts to each other, we all win. And that, IS the magic of friendship.

Oh, the mobile game? I would offer to help but since I updated the app it keeps force closing :/
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am

TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Postby Shade » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm

TiggyPudding wrote:I don't understand

What is it you don't understand exactly? The topic itself, or the reactions, or what?
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

I don't get why it's aparently such a big deal that she's changed. It'll probably only last for one or two episodes anyway!
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge