The Pony Topic

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: The Pony Topic

Postby Shade » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. There's no way they'd make a change this drastic. Twilight's going to get sick of all the attention of being a princess and an alicorn and she's just gonna want things to go back to normal.

At least, that's what I, personally, hope happens.
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3611
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Wii number: 8193-5935-4715-3364

Postby Windstar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

I still haven't gotten back to MLP yet but that would still bother me if it were permanent.

Also this:
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 pm

TiggyPudding wrote:
Sr.Gabo wrote:I need the help of my Brony/Gamer chums!

Is anyone playing the Pony Gameloft game? I need some friends, chests and hearts. We can exchange accounts and send gifts to each other, we all win. And that, IS the magic of friendship.

Oh, the mobile game? I would offer to help but since I updated the app it keeps force closing :/

Thanks anyway!
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Shade » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 pm

This episode threw me for a loop. After watching a couple of short previews earlier this week, I assumed this was going to be a Rarity episode focusing on her trying to get Candance's hair just right. After that it just seemed to be an "everypony" episode, but the end made it out to be a Rainbow Dash episode. Ultimately though, the episode wasn't too bad. There was nothing particularly outstanding about it, though I'm always up for some Shining Armor. Unfortunately, there wasn't really any character development here. I suppose you could say that Rainbow Dash learned a lesson, but it wasn't really too pronounced I found. However, there was one interesting little development regarding Rainbow Dash:
Holy crap! It's her dad! He looks so...generic. Seriously, we hear absolutely nothing about her parents for three seasons and this is what we get? It's still pretty cool, but I was expecting the father of the fastest flyer in Equestria to be tad more, well, awesome. Oh well, maybe they can make up for it by introducing Fluttershy's parents since they're the only ones left that we haven't heard anything about.

Anyhow, let's move on to the next thing:

Does anyone else think Pinkie's posture looks weird here? I mean, it makes sense since a pony's legs aren't actually supposed to be able to bend like that, but even with all the human-like things that Pinkie has done, this one seems like one of the more..."off" ones in terms of how it looks. Just look at her knee; that doesn't seem right. I wonder if that hurts.

Okay, so here we have Ms. Harshwhinny. We eventually figure out that she's claustrophobic. Now, I'm gonna be a mite nit-picky here, but how can she feel uncomfortable in a place as spacious as this:
...but be perfectly fine with sitting in a cramped train car for several hours? Tell me the logic behind that. Whatever...

Apparently Shining Armor coaches athletes. His military training certainly seems to shine through here (pun intended) with the way he's trying to verbally push them. But I have to wonder: Are all baseball caps in Equestria that long, or is that one specifically for unicorns? What, is he afraid his horn will get sunburned? One thing's for certain though: No one can resist that winning smile.
Case and point. And oh God that face. Ha!

That's about it really. We also got some continuity stuff with Just for Sidekicks in here, which might be confusing for people who haven't seen that episode. So, the next episode is the season finale, the big Princess Coronation that everyone is losing their shit over. After that we have a long wait until season four, but on the bright side, it's been confirmed to have a full twenty-six episodes as opposed to this season's thirteen.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Shade » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 am

Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Windstar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Haha, yeeees! I freakin love Game Grumps. That's like the only video game channel with commentary that I find hilarious.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Shade » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Official humanized ponies? It's more likely than you think (maybe).

Can't wait to see if this turns out to be true.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby TiggyPudding » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 am

Shade wrote:Official humanized ponies? It's more likely than you think (maybe).

Can't wait to see if this turns out to be true.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be true, I've never liked the humanized ponies fanart :s If it was for one episode of the main series I wouldn't mind but if this is a spin-off series then that's just wierd and a bit stupid.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: TiggyPudding
3DS Friend Code: 5284-1394-6684
Wii number: 5843-7220-8105-8704

Postby Shade » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 am

I'm willing to give it a fair shake. If Friendship is Magic has taught us anything (besides that friendship is magic), it's to be more open-minded. Besides, it would, in no way, affect the main series.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Windstar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm

This would be a pretty cool special edition episode just to peer into a world of what it would be like if they were humans. Though it seems like wasted potential to throw in some (presumably) cool ideas into a show synonymous to an already existing one. In my opinion, it'd make more sense to create something completely new and original. (I guess a weird comparison example would be making Kirby's epic Yarn rather than having an original new IP). Also I think without Hasbro lingering over them, they would have a lot more freedom to create some more interesting scenarios that don't lean too much on characters always doing the "right" thing (which is probably what turns me off most about MLP). Also they can appease to fans more without Hasbro wanting to censor everything.

Though if this is real, I actually look forward to seeing what they do with this.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Shade » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, this is it everyone(pony), the end of season three. So, what's my opinion on the season finale, the big event that has everyone(pony) up in arms(hooves)? I can sum up my feelings for the episode in one word:

Eh...

Not as spectacular as I was hoping. I didn't even expect much to begin with. One could argue that this episode was a huge step for Twilight's character, perhaps the biggest step she's taken to date. While that may be true, it's only because said character development was simply a culmination of all of her experiences over the past three years. This really should have been a two-parter; the episode felt very compacted, from the whole cutie mark debacle to Twilight's ascension to her coronation. The whole alicorn business should have been allowed more time to be expanded upon, but I'll get back to this point later.

I've said in the past that I was never really a fan of the show's music; not that I hate it, I'm just indifferent to it. And this episode was basically Friendship is Magic: The Musical. There was, what, five, maybe six songs? All pretty short and sweet and used primarily as a time lapse tool to condense the episode's events into one half hour, but I found myself zoning out a fair bit during those sequences.

But let's get down to the nitty-gritty here. What do I think of Twilight becoming an alicorn? As I've mentioned before, I'm not exactly a fan. The change just seems too drastic in my eyes. While the show's creators are assuring us that the change isn't going to affect the show or Twilight's role in the show too strongly, for someone like myself (ie; a fan-fiction writer) it can kinda throw a wrench into one's plans, but that's just a personal quip. I still think the change is a tad extreme though, even if the actual transformation sequence was pretty damn cool.

But let's backstep a little to where I said it should have been a two-parter. Let's look at something that show writer Meghan McCarthy said on Twitter:
The implication here being that the season four premiere will be a two-part continuation of sorts of the season three finale, and, if I had to guess, may address the quibbles I brought up earlier, namely not exploring the alicorn thing enough and showing us how Twilight adjusts to her new form and social status.

This information has given me a good idea of what exactly this episode is supposed to be: Hasbro doing what they do best, advertising. The reason we have to wait for the conclusion to this story arc is so Hasbro can give fans a chance to raid store shelves for all of their alicorn Twilight merchandise, nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, it just felt like one, twenty-minute commercial.

So, I guess I'm just going to have to stew in my own displeasure for the next several months to see where this all goes. If Twilight does ultimately remain an alicorn permanently, I'm sure I'll get over it eventually. But, hey, on the bright side, season four is confirmed to have a full twenty-six episodes as opposed to this season's thirteen. That, coupled with the apparent reasoning for such a short season being a shorter time between seasons, will make the wait a little more bearable.

So that's my two cents. No screen-grabs this time cuz wall o'text. Maybe if I feel like it later, but not now. So, what's your opinion?
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Shade » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Oh! And this totally happened!
Oh, Derpy, you tease. You disappear for a whole season but manage to sneak you're way in at the last minute. You sly little devil you.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 am

THIS IS SO STUPID! WHOSE BRILLIANT IDEA WAS THIS!!! KDEJFDSLKKFDS FUCKING ALICORN THISISAFUCKINGTRAVESTY! IM NOT GOING TO WATCH THIS SHOW FOR GIRLS ANYMORE GO SELL SOME FUCKING TRANSFORMERS SHAPE LIKE MICHAEL BAY DICK, HASBRO. f*** YOU IM GOING TO-

EVERYTHING IS FORGIVEN!

real opinion about all this: meh
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Hey guys. I'm sure glad Ditzy Doo made an appearance. nyeck nyeck nyeck
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby KIDNINTENDO » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:05 pm

In retrospect, it was actually a good episode if only I wasn't throwing a fit every 5 minutes, almost destroyed the GamePad, and I swear the episodes look better on my Wii U than watching from the cable box.
THEKIDNINTENDOWIIMAN THEWIIMAN007
KIDNINTENDO
Bowser
Bowser

Nintendo Network ID: K1DN1NT3ND0
3DS Friend Code: 2535-3615-6180
Wii number: 4428-2985-6303-4647

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge