Boss Time!

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: Boss Time!

Postby ehead » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 am

Fck Rachel and the comms/boomer type zombie guy in RE:R. So frustrating! Also, fck the last boss in Sakura Samurai, dual wielding bastard. :/
ehead
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Shade » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:55 pm

I've never actually played Metal Gear Solid 4 before (or any of the MGS games for that matter), but I've watched a full playthrough and particularly enjoyed the final boss fight. The way they use the health bars, fighting styles and music from the first three MGS games was really cool.
3DS FC: 3437-3552-3611
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Wii number: 8193-5935-4715-3364

Postby Ron » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Shade wrote:I've never actually played Metal Gear Solid 4 before (or any of the MGS games for that matter), but I've watched a full playthrough and particularly enjoyed the final boss fight. The way they use the health bars, fighting styles and music from the first three MGS games was really cool.

I admit, that was a beautiful boss fight.
Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:41 am

Shade wrote:I've never actually played Metal Gear Solid 4 before (or any of the MGS games for that matter), but I've watched a full playthrough and particularly enjoyed the final boss fight. The way they use the health bars, fighting styles and music from the first three MGS games was really cool.

You should try to find the first game! MGS is an awesome series.

I agree, that was an awesome fight.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Shade » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 pm

As much as I'd love to play Metal Gear Solid, I'm not gonna go out of my way to play it. Sure, I could try and find a copy of Twin Snakes but then I'd have to buy a Gamecube controller and I don't exactly have the cash to spend on that right now.

Back on topic, I was ecstatic when I was given the chance to rematch Cynthia in Pokemon Black/White and see that she's just as awesome as ever.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Sr.Gabo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:29 am

Shade wrote:As much as I'd love to play Metal Gear Solid, I'm not gonna go out of my way to play it. Sure, I could try and find a copy of Twin Snakes but then I'd have to buy a Gamecube controller and I don't exactly have the cash to spend on that right now.

Back on topic, I was ecstatic when I was given the chance to rematch Cynthia in Pokemon Black/White and see that she's just as awesome as ever.

Too bad about the GCN controller.

I agree 100% on Cynthia. She is my favorite Pokemon character (Second to Oak, but you never fight him, so yeah.). I also like that blonde chick from B/W.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby L.A.C. » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 am

I agree. Cynthia was a great opponent. One of my top favorites opponents in the Pokemon universe.
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID: Lwiis64

Postby Shade » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Hmm, this old topic of mine hasn't seen any attention for a while. I'll just bring it back for a sec to feature my favorite boss from Paper Mario Sticker Star: Gooper Blooper. I love this fight primarily for the way the music changes throughout the fight and how the boss itself actually contributes to the song by clapping. It's also pretty awesome when you use it's weakness and change the tide of the battle.

Since the music is really the highlight of the battle, Imma post that in The Awesome Game Music Thread.
Shade
Whomp
Whomp

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 pm

The top screen in Tetris is an awesome boss.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Okami - Ammy vs. Ninetails

[Spoilers]

I love this boss. Took me a while to figure out how to win. But there's just a lot of build up with it and has that sort of "our lives are depending on this" vibe. The sky is red and you're rushing to find her island to some desperate eery music. And just the events leading up to it. There's just a lot of thought behind this one. Ammy sort of plays a role in her plans. And she's the only boss summoned through constellation and also the only boss who uses brush techniques. It kind of makes me wonder if there's a deeper story behind her. Maybe gods can turn evil as well?

[/Spoilers]
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby thomas » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 pm

I loved that, though like with every other boss I had no idea if what I was doing was the most effective method. I prefer the Zelda approach: there's only one way to hurt the boss.

I bash Okami too much =/
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby Windstar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Puzzle bosses with certain weaknesses are really fun but I actually loved those battles where the enemy had no notable weaknesses and it was basically just a good old fashion skill-to-skill throwdown. I found myself literally standing up during a lot of those battles. It felt less boss-ish and more of a rivalry thing to me.

I don't recall Zelda being able to do this though mainly because the gameplay style seems to be more precision-based and Link can't run all over the place and jump 20 feet high and perform godly combos. I think they sort of tried it with the Gerudo thief fights in OoT but that felt more like just waiting and waiting until there was an opening rather than legit fisticuffs.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Previous

Return to The Lounge