Best 3rd party wii games

All types of Wii discussion can take place here.

Best 3rd party wii games

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Im trying to build up my collection of good wii games, but it seems to lack 3rd party games. I have my sims kingdom, Rockband 3, epic mickey, and resident evil 4. So, what are the best 3rd party wii games.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Re: Best 3rd party wii games

Postby ExigentContact » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Anubis II, Gingerbread Man and the Imagine series
You are reading this text. You might stop sometime, but you are reading it now. You now realize that you have manual control of your blinking and tongue. You may now stop reading. Unless you want to keep going. In which case, I love you. Take me now.
ExigentContact
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Wii number: ####-####-####-####

Postby Patrick » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:25 pm

ExigentContact wrote:Anubis II, Gingerbread Man and the Imagine series

What are you talking about? You need games that show off the Wii's motion controls like Chicken Shoot, Big Beach Sports and Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball.

In all seriousness, Little King's Story, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Okami are all fantastic third party games that are super cheap.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:34 pm

im looking for really good games, like from big developers, things ill want to replay over and over again.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID: SuperZelda
3DS Friend Code: 0259 0329 9318

Postby baba_944 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Well if you want a couple of downloadable games try downloading Mega man 9 +10 if your interested in 8-bit.
baba_944
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Boss Save » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

My favourites were:
-Monster Hunter Tri
-Little King's Story
Honorable mentions:
-No More Heroes 2
-Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Ports:
-Resident Evil 4
-Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
-Okami
Boss Save
Fire Brother
Fire Brother

Postby Ronin180 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Most of the games I would of said have already been said, but I really liked Scarface The World is Yours. Think GTA only with more swearing, better controls, and a great story. But if your under 17 you shouldn't play it.

*Edit*
Also MadWorld too, but again if you under 17 don't play.
Ronin180
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Wii number: 6035-4141-2195-4961

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:38 pm

No More Heroes 1 and 2
Monster Hunter Tri
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
House of the Dead Overkill
Trauma Center (That was a cool wierd game)
Muramasa (I really need to get that one)
WiiWare

Megaman
Contra Rebirth

Ronin180 wrote:Most of the games I would of said have already been said, but I really liked Scarface The World is Yours. Think GTA only with more swearing, better controls, and a great story. But if your under 17 you shouldn't play it.

*Edit*
Also MadWorld too, but again if you under 17 don't play.

I really enjoy the Godfather game.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Ronin180 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 pm

Sr.Gabo wrote:I really enjoy the Godfather game.

I have that one too and it very fun, but I like Scarface more. Probably because I love the Scarface movie
Ronin180
Hammer Brother
Hammer Brother

Wii number: 6035-4141-2195-4961

Postby thomas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 am

Games that haven't been mentioned yet:

LostWinds 1/2, Zack & Wiki, Bully, Klonoa, Red Steel 2, Geometry Wars

My personal favourites are Okami, No More Heroes and Red Steel 2
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby invader_quirk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:26 pm

I'll second Okami and Zack & Wiki. Both are incredible games. I also enjoyed Trauma Team Ghostbusters. Red Steel 2 is a really fun time thanks to the controls, but it's not the most well-designed game. If the controls weren't fun, it would be pretty boring.

Okami, though, is far and away the best 3rd party Wii game I've played, though I'll admit I haven't played many. It's better than many first party games. It beats the living hell out of Twilight Princess.
invader_quirk
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby thomas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Except for the annoying waggle time-based controls =[ (Japanese version had the option of mapping it to a button v_v)

Definitely playing through that again though, on my first playthrough I seriously doubt I did more than 1/3 of the sidequests (and it still took me 60 hours). Not sure if I like it more than Twilight Princess, but it definitely has better characters, art-style, overall design and humour.
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Postby invader_quirk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:05 pm

The only waggle that bothered me was the dodge move you could learn with the nunchuk. That NEVER worked and went off when you didn't want it to. On my second play through, I wisely chose to not get that move.

I am one of the many who was disappointed with Twilight Princess. I don't dislike it and I still say it's worth playing, but it's empty and EASY. Okami, on the other hand, is a challenge, huge, longer than TP (if you get everything) and PACKED with things to do and secrets to find.
invader_quirk
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Postby ExigentContact » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm

Patrick wrote:
ExigentContact wrote:Anubis II, Gingerbread Man and the Imagine series

What are you talking about? You need games that show off the Wii's motion controls like Chicken Shoot, Big Beach Sports and Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball.

In all seriousness, Little King's Story, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Okami are all fantastic third party games that are super cheap.

Of course, the best game available on the Wii not made by Nintendo is...

Balls of Fury.
You are reading this text. You might stop sometime, but you are reading it now. You now realize that you have manual control of your blinking and tongue. You may now stop reading. Unless you want to keep going. In which case, I love you. Take me now.
ExigentContact
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby thomas » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Empty and easy, yes, but combat is enjoyable, there's some great puzzles and some excellent level design. I still think that standing upside down with the magnetic boots and firing arrows is really cool. There was some serious lack of innovation, though, as well as new sceneries.

I actually meant Okami's regular combo system as well; it's somewhat timing-based which does not work well with motion controls. I never had the feeling I could control how long a combo lasted. Brush stroke attacks were cool, but I felt like most of them were useless in combat (supposedly you can unlock/buy some that control ice, fire etc? Why not just put those in the main quest? I was really missing out on those). There's also the fact that every time you get into combat you're teleported to that same boring demon world, I would've preferred fighting in the normal stages. And the RPG elements are never introduced (and really, totally unnecessary, I only used health and ink thingies). Maybe I never got the hang of combat (that's technically the game's fault, since I did wanna learn), but I would go out of my way to avoid battles, whereas in Zelda combat is a joy.

In short, I probably prefer Okami but I don't think it's as fluid as Zelda (where from a gameplay perspective, everything just feels right - eventhough I do agree with your criticisms).
thomas
Bowser
Bowser

Next

Return to Wii