Pokemon Black/White 2 details, changes in Unova map
More Pokemon Black/White 2 details have emerged from the latest CoroCoro scans and Pokemon Smash. We have information about the game in general along with an update on the Unova’s changes since the original games.
The new details are as follows:
– Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott will be offered as starting Pokemon
– More detailed routes
– Azurill and Lillipup were seen together within an early route during Pokemon Smash
– New animations for the Pokemon
– Hiougi City is much larger than previous starting areas
Unova map differences
– Unity Tower shown
– Route 4 is now lined with building reminiscent of a mining town in architecture
– New gateway building between Route 4 and Nimbasa City
– Entralink is completely different, including no moat, Entree seems to be a waterfall of some sort, no Entralink bridge (though it still exists above the rivers)
– Driftveil City is very different, lighthouse does not exist, two “craters” exist, shipping docks are less developed
– New city directly south of Driftveil City, another new city west and slightly south of that, and then Hiougi City southwest of that.
– The electric web in front of Chargestone Cave has been removed
– Challenger’s Cave no longer exists
– Poké Transfer Lab carefully covered with ice
– Ice seems to be translucent, as Poké Transfer Lab’s outline seems to be visible
– New area (possibly a building) due north of Poké Transfer Lab
– There is a yellow building to the right of the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City. The path in front of it also now extends across to the stream.
– Castelia City, Anville Town, and Opelucid City seem to be identical to before
– Ice is used to cover up parts of the region, simply an overlay layer