Final Fantasy XIV director still interested in a Switch version, “positive discussions” taking place
Posted on 3 weeks ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 63 Comments | 0 Likes
The possibility of Final Fantasy XIV on Switch is something we’ve heard about for awhile now. Director Naoki Yoshida first mentioned the interest there back in 2015 when Nintendo’s console was still known as NX. He’s reiterated that interest a few different times throughout 2017.
Fortunately, nothing has changed. Yoshida still wants to make Final Fantasy XIV happen on Switch since they want to reach as many people as possible, and apparently “positive discussions” are taking place. The only requirement he has is for everyone to play in the same world.
Final Fantasy XIV producer once again says a Switch version is a possibility
Posted on 5 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 42 Comments | 0 Likes
Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Switch is something that producer Naoki Yoshida has commented on fairly regularly. We’ve heard him weigh in on things as early as August 2015, back when Nintendo’s console was known as NX.
Kotaku once again asked Yoshida about Final Fantasy XIV on Switch in a recent interview. He unsurprisingly said that he’s still very much open the idea. However, he also stressed the importance of having cross-play.
Yoshida’s latest comments are as follows:
Final Fantasy XIV still a possibility for Switch, discussions with Nintendo may take awhile
Posted on 6 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 18 Comments | 0 Likes
Square Enix has mentioned on a couple of occasions that Final Fantasy XIV is a possibility for Switch. This is something that director Naoki Yoshida reiterated once again while speaking with finder.com.au.
According to Yoshida, discussions with Nintendo are ongoing. However, when putting Final Fantasy XIV on a new platform, supporting the community is a shared responsibility between Square Enix and Nintendo. The two sides are talking about this (and likely more), but Yoshida said that “these conversations will take a long time.”
Yoshida’s full words:
“We want as many players joining Final Fantasy XIV as possible. …We need to make sure Nintendo and Microsoft understand what we do and have them know about our online and QA regulations. We believe these conversations will take a long time.”
Square Enix considering Final Fantasy XIV for Switch
Posted on 10 months ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 64 Comments | 0 Likes
During the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Europe earlier today, Square Enix commented on a possible version of the game for Switch. It’s under “consideration”, the company said.
In August 2015, director and producer Naoki Yoshida stated that Square Enix was open to putting Final Fantasy XIV on Switch, when it was called NX. It sounds like things are slightly more concrete, though we still don’t have a confirmation of it actually happening.
Square Enix open to bringing Final Fantasy XIV to NX
Posted on 2 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 78 Comments | 0 Likes
Final Fantasy XIV may have a shot of coming to the NX. Director and producer Naoki Yoshida has said that he’s waiting to know when the console will be released, and the company would need to talk with Nintendo about the policies regarding cross-platform gameplay before a port can be considered. Note that negotiations with Nintendo have not yet been started.
Square Enix shares details on Fantasy XI, Dragon Quest X, and Final Fantasy XIV crossover
Square Enix has a pretty big collaboration in store between its Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest IPs. Fantasy XI, Dragon Quest X, and Final Fantasy XIV will all be connected through upcoming activities.
Here’s a comprehensive rundown:
– Sage from Dragon Quest X takes a Great Ark to visit Final Fantasy XI
– Sage is looking for a lost slime
– Comes with a Monstrosity event which lets you play as Blue Slime
– Can get special Slime gear
– Spriggan, a monster from the world of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will suddenly show up in Vana’diel
– Moogles can talk to Spriggans
– Can control the monster using a Monstrosity
– Get Spriggan equipment as well
– In Final Fantasy XIV, the powerful Tarutaru black mage Shantotto from Final Fantasy XI appears in Eorzea
– Can fight Shantotto in a FATE (Full Active Time Event)
– Defeat her and she’ll join you as a minion
– Another FATE has players fight Golems from Dragon Quest X and if you win you get a tiny Golem minion
– Shantotto shows up in Dragon Quest X
– If you help her find materials for black magic you can get a Chocobo hat
– Moogle from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn also gives Dragon Quest X players a quest
– Complete it to receive a Cactaur Mask