News about WWE 2K18’s release date on Switch “coming soon”
Posted on 3 days ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 6 Comments | 0 Likes
Since we found out about WWE 2K18 for Switch, 2K Sports has kept Nintendo fans in the dark. The publisher hasn’t had a single update about the game since then. That’s caused all sorts of speculation due to retailers listing it in their circulars, online pre-orders being cancelled, and more.
The official WWE Twitter account says that Switch owners haven’t been forgotten. Additionally, news about a release date is “coming soon.” Until then, we’ll just have to wait for an announcement.
— WWE 2K18 (@WWEgames) November 17, 2017
WWE 2K18’s physical release on Switch requires 24GB download
Posted on 2 weeks ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 50 Comments | 0 Likes
An updated packaging image for the Switch version of WWE 2K18 confirms a download requirement for the physical version. If you plan on picking the game up, you’ll need 24GB of free space for an extra download.
Extra downloads for physical releases of Switch games are starting to become more common. Just a few hours ago, we heard about something similar with L.A. Noire. Doom will also have a separate download for multiplayer.
WWE 2K18 for Switch needs a 32GB microSD card at minimum to download, 1GB of internal memory
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 40 Comments | 0 Likes
Nintendo’s website listing for WWE 2K18 offers up some new information about the game’s download. Similar to 2K Sports’ other recent title 2K18, you’ll need quite a bit of free space.
The digital version of WWE 2K18 requires a microSD card with at least 32GB of free space. That’s in addition to 1GB on the system memory. The microSD card has to be inserted before beginning the download.
We still don’t actually know when WWE 2K18 is heading to Switch. Thus far, 2K has only said we can expect it sometime this fall.
WWE 2K18’s initial release is taking place today, though the Switch version is due out a bit later in the fall. We do have the official launch trailer, available below.
WWE 2K18 includes an 8-bit filter
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 15 Comments | 0 Likes
WWE 2K18 is packed with all sorts of neat filters. One of these is an 8-bit filter, which attempts to emulate the style of games from way back in the day.
Here’s a look:
Aside from the 8-bit filter, WWE 2K18 has a few other ones as well. They are as follows:
– Late 90’s Filter
– 1990’s Filter
– 1980’s Filter
– Black & White
– Bad VHS
WWE 2K18 will let you make a character based on KFC’s Colonel Sanders
WWE 2K18 is partnering with KFC in a somewhat strange way. In the game, players will be able to create a custom character based on Colonel Sanders. Sanders, of course, is the founder of the fast food chain restaurant and is essentially the official mascot.
Here’s a video promoting the partnership:
WWE 2K18 will be on Switch later this year
2K still saying WWE 2K18 is on track for Switch this fall
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 8 Comments | 0 Likes
Since the week that WWE 2K18 was announced for Switch, 2K has only committed to a general “Fall 2017” release. However, some had hoped that it would be out later this month alongside other platforms. This was somewhat due to marketing materials that surfaced at stores over the past few days pointing to the Switch edition possible landing on October 17.
For its part, the “Fall 2017” release window still sticks. 2K is not giving a more specific launch timing beyond that.
The official WWE gaming Twitter account reconfirms:
Fall 2017 is correct.
— WWE 2K18 (@WWEgames) October 4, 2017
New WWE 2K18 footage
Some of the first actual footage has come in for WWE 2K18. While it’s not specifically from the Switch version, it finally gives us a look as to how the game is shaping up. You’ll find plenty of footage below.
WWE 2K18: “New Road to Glory Mode” trailer
WWE 2K18’s official YouTube channel just posted a video showcasing the new Road to Glory mode, featuring a fully customizable character.
You can see the video right below.
2K announces WWE 2K18 season pass and full slate of DLC
Posted on 1 month ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch | 0 comments | 0 Likes
2K announced the full slate of DLC in the pipeline for WWE 2K18. Everything will be extended to Switch players, including a season pass.
Here’s the full rundown:
- Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content);
- Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product;
- The Accelerator will be available for $4.99.
Enduring Icons Pack
- Playable WWE Superstars: The Hardy Boyz;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Beth Phoenix and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express;
- The Enduring Icons Pack will be available for $9.99.
MyPlayer Kick Start
- Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPlayer ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCareer mode;
- Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCareer;
- MyPlayer Kick Start will be available for $9.99.
New Moves Pack
- Explore a wide variety of new in-game moves, including the Tie Breaker (made popular by WWE Superstar Tye Dillinger); the Crash Landing (made popular by NXT Superstar Kassius Ohno); the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver (made popular by NXT Superstar Akam); and the Swinging Sleeper Slam (made popular by WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page).
- The New Moves Pack will be available for $3.99.
NXT Generation Pack
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Elias, Lars Sullivan and Ruby Riot;
- The NXT Generation Pack will be available for $9.99.
A season pass for WWE 2K18 will also be sold, allowing players to purchase select DLC at a reduced price. It will cost $29.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases. You’ll gain access to the following items as they become available:
- Enduring Icons Pack;
- MyPlayer Kick Start;
- New Moves Pack;
- NXT Generation Pack.
Source: 2K PR