Ubisoft to release full Rayman Legends online challenge mode on Wii U
In a video posted to the official Rayman Facebook page, Rayman Legends creative director Michel Ancel and senior game manager Michael Micholic showed appreciation for fans’ support resulting from Ubisoft’s decision to push the game back on Wii U. Micholic said that it “definitely hurt us to see you guys so upset about the delay.”
Ubisoft previously said that it would be making an exclusive Legends demo available to Wii U owners. This won’t actually be happening. Instead, Ancel and Micholic confirmed that the company will release Rayman Legends’ full online challenge mode exclusively on Nintendo’s console, via the eShop.
Here’s the rundown of the download:
– Online challenge mode will be accessible through the main hub
– New challenges daily and weekly, each with their own leaderboards
– Challenges in 5 different settings with unique gameplay styles
– Deadly pit, land of the dead, infernal tower, dojo, dungeon
– Dungeon challenge created exclusively for Wii U
– All challenges can be played alone or up to 5 players
– Invite friends, filter the competition
– Each result recorded on the leaderboard and as a ghost
– History system saves all performances, trophies earned
The Rayman Legends online challenge mode will be hitting the Wii U eShop in early April as a free download. Micholic said it will be “playable for countless hours”.