3DS updated to version 6.2.0-12, adds StreetPass relay feature
A new 3DS system update is now available to users. After applying the download, you’ll receive firmware version 6.2.0-12. It’s highlighted by the addition of StreetPass relay functionality – a feature that is intended to spread the usage of StreetPass connections among 3DS users.
Here’s the full firmware overview, courtesy of Nintendo:
Version 6.2.0-12U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Added support for the StreetPass relay feature:
- The Streetpass relay feature relays StreetPass data from one user that passes a Nintendo Zone to the next user that passes the same Nintendo Zone
- For more information on this feature, click here.
Improved system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
And below is the overview of the StreetPass relay points:
StreetPass relay points are located at Nintendo Zones all across the country. When a Nintendo 3DS user gets near a StreetPass relay point, it automatically stores his or her StreetPass data temporarily and then passes it on to the next Nintendo 3DS user to pass by the same relay point.
StreetPass relay points temporarily store StreetPass data for various games each time a Nintendo 3DS user passes by. This means you can get StreetPass data for several games at once.
- You must have your 3DS updated to system version 6.2.0- 0U or higher to take advantage of the StreetPass relay feature. (How to)
- Your Nintendo 3DS must be in Sleep Mode (powered on and closed) to exchange StreetPass data.
- You will not receive any StreetPass data from the relay point if you are the first person to pass with a specific game’s StreetPass data or if the relay point currently has your StreetPass data.