Arcade game Mario Party Challenge World spotted at IAAPA 2017 trade show
Posted on November 15, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
Mario Party Fushigi no Challenge World, an arcade game from Capcom, first popped up in Japan last year. That same game appears to be coming to North America as Mario Party Challenge World.
Mario Party Challenge World is featured at the IAAPA 2017 trade show this week. Raw Thrills is involved with the project, along with Nintendo and Capcom. An early prototype is at the event, with location tests also starting last week.
Here’s what we know:
– The tech part comes into play with projection mapping onto the surface with multiple “pockets” that are constantly in motion
– The projection is sharp, colorful and bright
– The center of the playfield will also raise up and shake if a player manages to unlock the Board Game where a multiball event happens to “battle” Bowser
– Supports up to six players
– The main thing you do now is guess which character the ball will land on then watch and wait
– Raw Thrills says that with Capcom in charge of development, they are looking to make the game “simplified” from what it is right now but also more skill-based
– How that will change has not been detailed yet
We also have a video showing Mario Party Challenge World: