Stores should be receiving a constant supply of Wii Fit by the holidays
Posted on 13 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii | 0 comments
“Nintendo had a substantial supply nationwide for launch, though some stores saw spot shortages due to unprecedented demand for this unique product. The consumer response to ‘Wii Fit’ at launch was historically exceptional when compared with peripheral-based video game products. We are providing retailers with a constant supply of ‘Wii Fit,’ so you should see a regular supply of ‘Wii Fit’ on store shelves as we move through the summer and into the holidays.” – Nintendo statement
I know the demand has been crazy with Wii Fit, but shouldn’t Nintendo realize at this point that a lot of its products are in high demand? For a very long time, most consumers couldn’t pick up the Wii just by walking into a store and the same seems to be happening for Wii Fit.
Brain Age sets new record in the UK
Posted on 13 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in DS, News | 0 comments
It looks like people in the UK really enjoy training their brains in minutes a day. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Age has managed to overtake Tomb Raider’s original mark of 79 consecutive weeks as the top game in the UK charts, now one less than Brain Age’s 80 weeks. This is once again excellent news for Nintendo…But it seems as though everything is going Nintendo’s ways these days.
Bomberman Blast (WiiWare)
“Bomberman Blast is an all-new Bomberman for digital download for WiiWare on Wii. Retaining the classic features Bomberman fans have come to love such as online multiplayer battles and numerous arenas, Bomberman Blast also incorporates new gameplay elements, including the use of Miis™ and 8-person online multiplayer – the first time for Bomberman on the Wii! Players can battle it out with each other worldwide going solo or as part of a team. By using their Mii character, gamers will have the opportunity to show off their Mii by suiting him or her up into a Bomberman costume, then blowing away the competition! Now who has the best Mii?”
Alien Crush Returns (WiiWare)
“Alien Crush Returns is a sci-fi pinball game based on the classic TurboGrafx-16 Alien Crush series. In extraordinary pinball fashion, the game offers gameplay spanning two screens, providing players a lot of real estate to rack in points, multipliers, and bonuses. The game is played across multiple boards, all of which feature an eerie alien landscape and enemies that try to prevent pinball perfection. For players who are confident in their alien crushing skills, they can go online to play against friends to see who can get the highest score! Alien Crush Returns is the only pinball game for WiiWare that lets gamers compete head to head online. In addition, the game includes online leader boards for score-obsessed pinball players.”
FISHING MASTER WORLD TOUR (Wii)
“Coming to North America in Q1 2009, FISHING MASTER WORLD TOUR offers over 200 different types of fish to catch, enabling players to catch fish in their native waters around the world in the first ever global fishing game on Wii. FISHING MASTER WORLD TOUR offers over forty different locations to fish from in seven different regions. Players can fish on Easter Island, under the Golden Gate Bridge, on the Amazon River and many more exotic global locations. Staying true to the first version’s realistic controls, anglers use the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ to battle fish just like in real life. Pull the Wii Remote left and right as the fish fights from the end of the line and adjust the drag to avoid breaking the line. Once players have their skills down, they can compete with friends with four-person multiplayer modes, catch rare fish with exclusive boss battle controls or jump online in Wi-Fi leaderboards tracking the best players in the U.S.”
DECA SPORTS™ (Wii)
“DECA SPORTS™, a unique ten-sport game, exclusive to Wii™, is now available at retail for $29.99 SRP. Combining ten sporting events into one game, players can compete in beach volleyball, snowboard cross, badminton, basketball, curling, figure skating, archery, supercross, soccer and kart racing. The game offers a wide variety of sporting events and activities, some rarely seen in a video game. Designed with pick-up-and-play intuitive controls for the Wii Remote™ and in three sports, the Nunchuk, DECA SPORTS also includes advanced controls for power spikes, curls, and mid air tricks for the gamer!”
2K Sports Brings Out the Kid in Us with MLB Superstars
Posted on 13 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Wii | 0 comments
Family-friendly mini games provide a unique MLB experience
New York, NY– August 26, 2008 – 2K Sports, the sports publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that MLB® Superstars, a baseball game that fans of all ages can enjoy, is scheduled to be available for the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo this fall. MLB Superstars takes America’s favorite pastime into a totally new realm by bringing fans’ favorite players and teams out of their natural environments and showcasing them in over half a dozen different mini games that speak to the kid in all of us.
Fully utilizing the Wii’s motion sensing capabilities and easy pick-up-and-play functionality, MLB Superstars puts a brand new spin on classic games with Baseball Pachinko, Baseball Bocci, and Baseball Golf.
– Main Character name is Lian
– There’s a king call Jared and a princess call Aina
– Game’s graphic will have a pencil effect to them
– More than 100 quests
– Accumulated gauge techniques can be used.
– Huge bosses, find the weak point by pointing the Wii remote on screen (Shadow of the Colossus?)
– Scenario: Miwa Shouda (FFXII, Saga Frontier, Little King’s Story)
– Director/Programmer: Youichi Kawaguchi (DQVIII, Little King’s Story)
* Angel, Love Like This [remix], Pocketful of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
* Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow – Paula Abdul
* Bullseye, Like Whoa, Potential Breakup Song – Aly & AJ
* The Great Escape – Boys Like Girls
* Everytime We Touch, What Hurts the Most – Cascada
* Fancy Footwork – Chromeo
* Thnks Fr Th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
* Glamorous – Fergie
* Elevator – Flo Rida feat. Timbaland
* I Don’t Want to Be in Love (Dance Floor Anthem) – Good Charlotte
* Wake Up – Hilary Duff
* Hold On, SOS, That’s Just the Way We Roll, When You Look Me in the Eyes [remix] – The Jonas Brothers
* No One – Alicia Keys
* Take You There – Sean Kingston
* Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne
* Bleeding Love – Leona Lewis
* Shake It – Metro Station
* What You Got – Colby O’Donis
* I Don’t Think About It – Emily Osment
* Nine in the Afternoon – Panic at the Disco
* Hot N Cold – Katy Perry
* Jump to the Rhythm – Jordan Pruitt
* Don’t Stop the Music, Shut Up and Drive – Rihanna
* Yahhh! – Soulja Boy Tellem
* Radar, Toxic – Britney Spears
* He Said She Said – Ashley Tisdale
* Makes Me Wonder – Maroon 5
* Stronger – Kanye West
NATASHA BEDINGFIELD LENDS STAR POWER TO EA’S BOOGIE SUPERSTAR FOR Wii
Hot Song List Features Hits Made Famous By The Jonas Brothers, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Fall Out Boy and Leona Lewis
Guildford UK, August 27, 2008 – International music sensation Natasha Bedingfield was today unveiled as the featured spokesperson of Boogie™ SuperStar, the upcoming Wii™ title from the Casual Entertainment Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS). Bedingfield lends three songs to the Boogie SuperStar soundtrack, also announced today, which features a total of nearly 40 hit singles made famous by some of today’s hottest artists.
The latest Famitsu review scores are as follows…
Blue Dragon Plus (NDS, AQ Interactive): 8 / 7 / 7 / 8 – (30/40)
Houkago no Mystery Club: 26 no Tobira (NDS, Interchannel): 4 / 6 / 4 / 5 – (19/40)
Chi’s Sweet Home: Chi ga Ouchi ni Yatte Kita! (NDS, Interchannel): 5 / 5 / 5 / 5 – (20/40)
Rainbow Pop (Wii, Interchannel): 6 / 5 / 5 / 5 – (21/40)
Rumor: New DS with two touchscreens releasing next year – UPDATE
Posted on 13 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in DS, Rumors | 0 comments
Update: Looks like Nintendo is pretty mum on the whole situation.
There have been rumblings for awhile that Nintendo plans to release a new DS in the somewhat near future. Last night, Matt Casamassina and Mark Bozon were speculating in their podcaast that a redesigned Nintendo DS would see the day of light, most likely without its GBA slot. Now Kotaku reports that we will see a new DS next year. Interestingly, both screens would be touch enabled instead of just the bottom screen.
Games Convention scheduled to come to North America
Posted on 13 years ago by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News | 0 comments
“The concept is flexible and the network of the global games industry permits us to be active at different locations. After the Southeast Asian Games Convention, we are now focusing on the North American market.” – Wolfgang Marzin, CEO
– 8 player online multiplayer
– Mii support
– 4 players from same console online at once
– Matt & Bozon are psyched, sounds fun
– Awesome, fun game, but still has some flaws and old issues – Matt
– Still a step up from previous games
On the radar list for 2008
– Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Sept. 16) – Bozon likes the Wii version more than the 360. Everything seemed to flow better in the Wii version.
– Wario Land (Septemebr 22) – Good old-school platforming mechanics – feels like the games you grew up with playing – Matt
– de Blob (September 22) – Matt says you absolutely need to support this game
– Dokapon Kingdom (October 14) – Fun Mario Party with a twist
– Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 – Still good and still cool
– Guitar Hero: World Tour – Working, functioning Guitar Hero that has everything the other games have plus Wii-exclusive features
– Skate It – Matt would rather do balance board + Wiimote controls rather than just Wii remote by itself
– Tales of Sympohnia – Bozon is pumped, Matt isn’t a huge fan of the series but he’s glad it’s coming
– Little King’s Story (December 2) – Not entirely sure it’s coming out this year, Matt doesn’t think it will be
– Animal Crossing: City Folk, Deadly Creatures, Shaun White, LEGO Batman, Sim City Creature, MySims, Samba de Amigo
– DS: Lock’s Quest, Viva Pinata, Dragon Quest IV, Disgaea DS, Rune Factory 2, Bleach: Dark Souls, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Gauntlet, Tecmo Bowl, Moon, Age of Empires: Mythology, Chrono Trigger DS, ASH (if we ever see it), Away Shuffle Dungeon
– Their point: The rest of the future isn’t totally bleak
– IGN will have the scoop on Renegade Kid’s next project this week
Tiger Woods 09 (again)
– One of the best golf game Matt has ever played
– Near 1:1 thing going on (not quite perfect, but really good and better than anything else we’ve seen)
– Visual boost, frame rate has been ironed out
– In the future EA should just go ground up for the Wii
– Next year they have a chance to totally redo the franchise
– Can play All-Play easy mode or standard settings (Then you can totally direct the power of your shots), Advanced setting (everything done strictly by the Wii remote, but the mode doesn’t completely deliver)
– Next year’s Tiger should be “absolutely fabulous on Wii” – Matt
– Online mode so far has been flawless, seems to run better than Madden
– Next year with Wii MotionPlus and maybe WiiSpeak it could be a must-own Wii game
– A lot of people love to hate EA but EA is doing more online and tech-wise than Nintendo is. Matt makes a few comments about how easy EA Nation is
– There haven’t been a lot of balance board games announced including Nintendo
– Matt thinks a lot of third-parties will use Wii MotionPlus in the future
– Discussion about how NHL 2K9/future hockey games could take advantage of Wii MotionPlus
– Not a whole lot of cool WiiWare stuff coming, Bozon is hoping World of Goo will come soon
– Missing things like Super Mario RPG in Europe on the VC – haven’t had SNES or N64 game in a long time
– Should Mega Man 9 be priced as a regular NES title or at 800 or so points? Mega Man fans will pay no matter what, Matt thinks the game should be cheaper across the board
– What’s the deal with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for Wii? Is it worth buying? It’s on Bozon’s radar list, if you’re on the fence, then rent it. It’s fun and very cool. Matt thinks it’s pretty fun too.
– Early thoughts/impressions on Tales of Symphonia 2? matt doesn’t have the game yet, should have it very soon
– Any chance Guitar Hero: World Tour instruments will work with Rock Band 2? Bozon doesn’t think that will happen since they went two different routes with the tech
– Madden 09 is fun and all but why isn’t EA making the game look as good as possible? It isn’t ugly, but more can be done, still looks better than any Madden on Wii. Bozon isn’t sure if they’ll do more ever since EA could just add more features instead.
– Any revalations on any old-school style games such as Mega Man 9? Miyamoto hinted Nintendo is working on a New New Super Mario Bros., Reggie kind of hinted as well. As far as non-first party Nintendo, there are only rumblings, nothing solid.
– Lack of information on GTA: China Town Wars? Matt and Bozon give examples of how Rock Star is always tight-lipped
– Is it time to start cracking the whip again until Nintendo mentions something to smoeone about storage? Nintendo seems to be off in happy land again forgetting people are interested in more storage and seem to have forgotten they have forgotten hardcore gamers as well
– How good are we talking in regards to Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia? It’s better than Portrait of Ruin, not sure about Dawn of Sorrow. Bozon doesn’t know if it’ll beat out Symphonia of Night. Really cool, good.
– We keep hearing Nintendo has a redesign coming for the DS, maybe removing the GBA slot
– Is Castlevania Judgment kind of Konami’s Soul Calibur Legends? It’s too early to say but so far Matt isn’t blown away and isn’t really impressed – So far, yes
– The Conduit will get a publisher it’s just a matter of time. Major publishers have expressed interest. It’s not like a Nibris situation.
– Zelda Wii MotionPlus sword-controls, Super Mario Galaxy add-on pack or something similar, a real Resident Evil game for the Wii all realistic possibilites on Wii. Matt isn’t too sure of a true Resident Evil game though.
– Free Radical is making a Wii title, they’re doing the Wii version of Star Wars: Battlefront (the next one)
– Matt thinks Too Human is a good game but he agrees with some of the complaints (same with Bozon)
– Eternal Darkness on Wii probably won’t happen
– Anything coming for WiiWare that resembles Fat Princess for Wii? Animales de la Muerte is kind of similar, same with Swords & Soldiers
– Nintendo will probably make a design change and use Wii MotionPlus for the next Zelda. Matt thinks the franchise needs a reboot. Matt would be for a Wind Waker style. Bozon would like to see adult Wind Waker style.
– Nothing official coming for Nintendo tracks in Guitar Hero: World Tour on Wii
– Sonic and the Black Knight has a chance if the team listens to the feedback on the previous feedback (faster, don’t focus on the sword too much)
– Matt wouldn’t have considered giving Galaxy a 10 even if he knew MGS4 and GTA4 would get 10s. Matt did consider giving the game a 10 before some issues arose.
– Overlord: Dark Legend is shaping up well. Concept is cool. Should be good with the Wiimote.
– Any tidbits at TGS? There is going to be some stuff definitely such as Little King’s Story