Cinematic platformer The Eternal Castle: Remastered to be released on Switch
Posted on May 4, 2020 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The Eternal Castle: Remastered is coming to Switch next week, according to an eShop listing. Yet despite the name, this is a new game entirely.
Marketing material mentions that The Eternal Castle: Remastered is a remake of a 1987 title. However, The Eternal Castle never actually existed at any point until this game’s launch. It’s an interesting move from the developers to try and convince people that we’re getting a remaster, but The Eternal Castle: Remastered is really more of a tribute to an earlier era.
Here’s some information about The Eternal Castle: Remastered as well as a trailer:
The Eternal Castle: Remastered is an ambitious attempt to modernize an old classic in order to keep its memory alive. Through detailed research and hard work, the production team tried to expand the experience while keeping the same ‘feel’ and emotional flow of the original masterpiece from 1987.
• Enjoy the atmosphere or speedrun through a post-AI fallout packed with challenges
• Meditate, Predict, and Wake up, in the eternal dream with Adam or Eve (or BOTH with 2 player co-op)
• Fight your way through the Ancient Ruins
• Shoot your way through the Forgotten City
• Sneak by monsters in the Unholy Lab
• Enter the Eternal Castle
• Collect all 4 Gliders to power up your ship
• Use over 10 different weapons
• Unlock up to 10 different items
• Find all missing Fragments to get back home
• Repeat the dream for as many times as you can
• Lost Tales episode of a brave Sacrifice, and PvP death arena mode included
The Eternal Castle: Remastered launches on Switch on May 15 for $14.99.
Source: Switch eShop