Dandara update out now (version 1.0.4)
Posted on June 17, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The 2D Metroidvania platformer Dandara has been updated on Switch. Version 1.0.4 is out now, featuring rebalanced difficulty, New Game+/Challenge options, and more.
Below are the full patch notes:
- Rebalancing of the difficulty curve and general quality updates
- Shorter time for using essences (Health and Energy flasks).
- Rebalancing the last boss challenge, for a more fun and fairer one.
- Rebalancing of the Dream Lands.
- Redesign of the Mosquito enemy.
- Sound alert when Dandara is at low health.
- New Game+/Challenge options added after finishing the game for the first time. The following can be turned on:
- Permadeath. Dandara dies permanently without the ability to respawn.
- Harsh Wounds, Dandara takes double damage.
- No Grinding, Pleas of Salt can only be found in chests, meaning enemies or destructible objects won’t drop them anymore.
- Vengefule Enemies, every enemy spawn a revenge bullet in Dandara’s direction when killed. The revenge bullet can be cancelled by leaping through it while it is stationary.
- Easy options added. The following can be enabled:
- Unlimited Energy, secondary powers won’t drain energy.
- After dying, respawn at the last door entered. nables the player to retry the challenge of each room without the need of bracktracking to it.
- More Flags mode, which adds more checkpoint flags throughout the map.
- Expanded the Crib of Creations area for better onboarding with the game’s mechanic and flow.
- Additional features for veteran Dandara players:
- “Hidden” skip cutscene command: L Button – Quick Double Press
- Skip Crib of Creation: At The Void, after destroying the first target and opening the door, another target appears floating on the leftmost possible range of that scene. Shoot there to skip the Crib of Creation new tutorial rooms.
Source: Switch news