[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - SSB4

SSB4

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Re: SSB4

Postby Mr. Toad » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 am

Someone (egoraptor) tweeted you could customize the controls. Also, that's horrible Shade haha

I think they're selling some on ebay for around $30 but I don't think it's worth it
*is Windstar*
Mr. Toad
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Shade180 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:27 am

Shade180
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Postby thomas » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm

$30 for getting a demo a week earlier? Alright then
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Shade180 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Shade180
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Postby L.A.C. » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

@Mr. Toad- I saw some videos confirming button customization. Which was one of the things that have me skeptic about buying the 3DS version. Now, after playing the demo and finding out I can customize the controls, I am buying.

Anyways, paying for the demo is insane. Specially for the amount people are asking for it and considering it will be out in less than a week later, is really not worth it. Although, I have been reading people claiming that the Club Nintendo demo doesn't have limit, but the one which will release next Friday will.
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:41 am

Anyone know the playable characters in the demo?

Also, it would be terrible if the demo has limited plays.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:09 am

It has 30 plays (as in game bootups, not matches) max, I think? Playable characters are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby L.A.C. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 pm

The demo from Club Nintendo has no restrictions. But I have read several times that the demo coming this Friday will have a limit of plays.
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby Shade180 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I don't really care about a limit. The demo should be enough to tide me over for a week until Hyrule Warriors comes out, then the full Smash experience. With those, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and Smash Bros. for Wii U, the rest of my year is pretty much filled.
Shade180
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:29 am

$1=1 demo bootup

Take that iOS apps! :troll:

Anyway, I thought the news about people breaking their 3DS'es was something similar to TLOU wrecking PS3s. Good to know!
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:48 pm

The demo is pretty impressive. Megaman and Villager are cool characters. Im not feeling the items, those are not all the items/assists in the game, right? if they are, I think I rather play with the Smash Ball alone.

Also, this!

Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Shade180 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 am

I do have a couple of complaints about the demo and, by extension, the game as a whole. Mostly minor stuff that I'll probably get used to over time.

First, and least importantly, I don't like that grab is set to L and shield is set to R. I'd prefer that they were swapped, which I can do when the game comes out, so not a big deal.

Second, smash attacks seem unreliable. I occasionally found that the sensitivity for forward smashes was too low and would accidentally use forward tilts. Oddly enough, I found that up smashes are too sensitive and I would use them when trying to do an up tilt.

Finally, to be perfectly honest, I don't really like Mega Man. I was always apprehensive about him because of how projectile heavy he is, but now I see my worries had merit. I usually like to use a neutral combo or forward tilt to push my opponents away, but Mega Man's buster has minimal knockback. I find myself mostly using smashes or aerials with him. Villiger's kind of in the same boat, but not really. I just have to get used to the range of his forward and back aerials.

Overall though, the game looks, feels, and sounds great. I've already played a ton of matches and am really enjoying myself. Also, Mario's meteor smash has never felt more satisfying. I feel like he's been buffed considerably.
Shade180
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Postby thomas » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:04 pm

PLOT TWIST

ah, if only

EDIT:
thomas
Peach
Peach