[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Zelda Wii U

Zelda Wii U

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Re: Zelda Wii U

Postby Goodtwin » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I hope the Zelda team stick with the style seen in the tech demo. I loved Zelda SS, and really wished it was in HD, but the tech demo graphics are something Zelda fans have been looking forward to for a long time. I really loved the motion plus control in SS, but I am sure Nintendo is going to want to show off what they can do with the new controller. Its such a shame that it took so long for Nintendo to really demonstrate what WM+ could really add to a hardcore game. Going forward with Wii U, I doubt the Wii remote will be used for anything more than new Wii Sports style games, and local multiplayer games. Time will tell, at least Nintendo gamers wont have to buy an add on like Move or Kinnect for motion gaming, WM+ is their motion gaming controler, and almost everyone already owns that.
Goodtwin
Goomba
Goomba

Wii number:

Postby Osobari » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Nintendo says a lot of things that it goes back on. I'm sure Twilight Princess was at one point described to be innovative, when in truth it's just a summary of all Zelda's before it.

Then again, I hope you're right. I can't see them making touch controls as effectively as WM+ controls. They could literally port the controls over and I would be friggin' happy. Just design tons more interesting enemies.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Osobari » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 am

I think SS controls are perfect and they should stick with it. That being said, I wouldn mind a "tablet" Zelda.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:02 am

Please don't use the touchscreen for sword attacks. :(

I'll be happy if the touchscreen is used in puzzles instead.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby pie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 am

I think the touch screen should be used for puzzles, and then they could have the option of using a wii mote and nun-chuck to play, or a second analog stick for sword swipes
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby L.A.C. » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm

L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby Ron » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 pm

I just want a Majoras Mask Wii U remake :(
Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Postby JoshZTP » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Image Image Image Image Image
JoshZTP
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby pie » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby thomas » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:10 pm

I'd say it's likely that Grezzo is at work at that now.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Ron » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Postby Osobari » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby JoshZTP » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 pm

@Ron must've seen that pic of HD Deku Link in my first post, (the one we've all seen on the internet); & must've guessed he wanted that kind of Majora's Mask remake instead of a 3DS one LOL! ^_^

But anyways folks; I do like your ideas! I too think the traditional Zelda Skyward Sword motion controls will stay the same; if the Zelda teams plan to keep that a standard for the Wii U game... because it'd be ackward using the GamePad for sword play! But why not just use the GamePad's motion capabilities for Link's shield; & sticking to the B button for the Sword... & A button for the action button?! That would make a whole lot sense for me! And I think selecting items with the GamePad's touch screen does sound awesome! Things would end up like a combination of Skyward Sword controls & touch screen controls from Ocarina of Time 3D! I think that would be ingenious!
:)
Image Image Image Image Image
JoshZTP
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

PreviousNext

Return to Wii U