[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Zelda Wii U

Zelda Wii U

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Re: Zelda Wii U

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:20 am

Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:36 am

I am apparently the only person in the world who liked the flying mechanic. Don't get me wrong, the boss battle was kinda annoying, they failed to introduce enough new fly mechanics and the sky was too empty... but I loved the the feel. From the very first minutes, in which I tried to fly as high as possible, jump off and skydive for ages.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:44 am

Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Osobari » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:49 am

Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 am

The swimming didn't bother me, I preferred it over regular analogue-control swimming, to be honest. I don't see how moving freely on all 3 axises at the same time can be made less annoying.

Also didn't mind the boss keys, it's just a quick 30 second puzzle every 5 hours...

I'll join in with the Skyward Sword "bashing", though:
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Osobari » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:58 am

Yeah, Fi would make Navi commit suicide. I have no idea how Nintendo managed to create such a horrible assistant.
Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:31 am

Especially after they got it so right with Midna, Linebeck and King Of Red Lions.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Osobari » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:46 am

Tatl and Midna were my personal favorites. Never played any of the handheld games, so I've never seen how good the assistants in those games are.
Osobari
Pokey
Pokey

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:00 pm

I didnt think Fi was that annoying but compere to the ones Thomas mentioned... Anyway she is the worst assistance yet.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby L.A.C. » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

I liked the flying mechanics too. It's difficult to get the hang of it, but after you do, it really feels like flying.
The world, on the other hand, wasn't that thrilling to fly.

I liked Fi, I think the problem was you couldn't forward text. That makes anything annoying. Specially upgrading potions.
But the only thing I found annoying about Fi was thee bleeping sound when you're low on health.
We already have one in Zelda games and they decide to introduce another. Geez!
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby pie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Fi is the best assistant in Zelda, just a little too good. Besides swimming, Fi blurting out what you have to do would be my next complaint, but both are easily forgivable. As for worst assistant, I felt like either Navi or Tatl was the least helpful in the game.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby Goodtwin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:51 am

I never minded Fi as an assistant, its actually a little hartbreaking at the end when you split up. I always feel a little sad when the adventure comes to an end, and everything splits up and goes seperate ways. As for the controls, really doubt Nintendo wills tick with the motion controls. As good as they were, Nintendo will want to make full use of the gamepad going forward. Its a shame that the game that made best use of the motion controls was at the very end of a systems lifecycle. Twilight Princess had nice IR aiming controls for the bow and slingshot, but the sword mechanics shallow in comparison.
Goodtwin
Goomba
Goomba

Wii number:

Postby Angela_Davis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Getting this very soon. Looks amazing.
Angela_Davis
Goomba
Goomba

Wii number: