[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Peach as a Playable Char. in Super Mario 3D World Discussion

Peach as a Playable Char. in Super Mario 3D World Discussion

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Peach as a Playable Char. in Super Mario 3D World Discussion

Postby Dark43 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm

E3 has surprised us right? The answer is yes. The new installment for the Super Mario 3D franchise is Super Mario 3D World. It looks like a great game with new features like being a cat. Yep, a cat. And you can play four players.But you can choose a character I hope will shut up feminist frequency's leader, Anita Sarkeesian, about females in video games. Peach is a new Playable character. Yes that is right, something many of you have been waiting for has come.
After SMB3D released, I saw a lot of feedback that sounded like this, "Please make peach a playable character, I would play so much money" or "Please more peach". I thought it would be a little nice installment because I had beat the whole game completely and had nothing to do. Playing peach in each level would had been interesting. Sadly, no DLC was released for it. But now we have Super Mario 3D World now with more Peach. So how do you guys and gals feel about this. I dont think we have had Peach as a playable character since SMB2 or Super Mario RPG (I am not counting her as a playable character in other RPGs, sorry) So who will we have to rescue now? That is up to you to guess.

All right so I mentioned Anita Sarkeesian, feminist frequency leader. No I do not have a problem with feminist at all and some of her points of females in media are interesting, but others are ludicrous. She recently created a video of females in video games called Damsel in Distress She talks about how females in games are just prized possessions to the male characters and even uses Mario, Bowser and Peach as an example. I think that she over thinks the games. Just watch the videos and you will see.
She also mentions that many games have girls as prized possessions, yet she fails to look at many games that have females as the main protagonist and hero. Well I guess I will just end my rant here before I go on and on.

Until next post,
~Dark43
I am beyond good and evil.
Dark43
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Nintendo Network ID:

Re: Peach as a Playable Char. in Super Mario 3D World Discus

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:22 pm

I think it's great that Peach is a playable character again. Just makes me wonder one thing: Who's gonna be kidnapped? :excuseme:
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby Patrick » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 pm

Sarkeesian's videos are legitimately good. I'm glad she turned off the comments to shut out all the butthurt MRAs.

But anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a Youtube comments section, so I'll just say that it's cool that Peach is finally playable again
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby Windstar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm usually less enthusiastic with non-Miyamoto Mario games. The NSMB and 3D Land seem like love letters to classic Mario games (and to older fans). Doesn't really hype me up for Mario and doesn't feel like a new adventure. Also I never really liked the overuse of power-ups in these because I feel it encourages less creative obstacles (strangely enough) and just focuses on "Yeah, blow through everything with super powers!"

3D World seems like a huge step up from the previous ones but I'm not expecting this to be Galaxy good and it certainly doesn't strike me as "next-gen" Mario. I do think it stands out on it's own merits though. 4 player co-op in a 3D Mario, that's big. There seems to be a lot of freedom which is good. There were some cool obstacles like the clear pipes. I don't like the return of flagpoles. After 64, Mario has pretty much defined itself as a game of worlds. With people to talk to. All intertwined and whatnot. Remember the Bees in Galaxy? The bob-ombs in 64? Piantas in Sunshine? I like when the levels feel like a home.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby oshualewis » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm

I think that a multiplayer 3d Mario is a crazy cool idea. I've played a hacked Mario 64 for 2 player and its a whole lot of fun. And as far as peach goes I'm happy to see her floating around again. I just wish it was red toad instead of blue toad.
oshualewis
Blooper
Blooper

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby pie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:59 pm

pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:28 pm

I think is great. I loved flying around with her in SMB2.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Hoggy110 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 am

I approve of Peach being a playable charachter...it'll add an interesting mechanic I haven't had the pleasure of using yet
Hoggy110
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

3DS Friend Code:

Postby ehead » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm

As much as I'm underwhelmed by the reveal of the game, I think Peach as playable is great. Finally, a Mario game which I don't save the princess! Anyway, the cat suit looks great.

Edit: I also like the character icons at the top left corner of the screen. Art reminds me of old Mario covers.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby pie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 am

I thought i was underwhelmed, but the reactions from the people who've played the game makes me really wan't to get it.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby Valay » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Who else thinks this game looks amazing now? The latest trailer blew me away.
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby Patrick » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah, it's looking a lot better than what we saw at E3. Still don't think it'll convince me to buy a Wii U, though.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby L.A.C. » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:57 am

I think Peach will be awesome as a playable character.

As far as the new trailer is concerned, it does look like it will convince a lot of people that this is not just a 3D Land in HD.
I was amazed by the variety of gameplay, the beautiful graphics, cool animations and catchy music. This game will be awesome fun!
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:19 am

Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Next

Return to Wii U