[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - todays big question what the hell is retro working on

todays big question what the hell is retro working on

Nintendo enters the HD era.

todays big question what the hell is retro working on

Postby Nocturne » Mon May 05, 2014 2:51 am

we all know retro has been rushing through something with tons of hires and a massive expansion

dktf just came out so its not dkc
they are really speeding up stuff so prob a E3 announcement

so i think this is all a question of metroid or is nintendo putting them in charge of 8)

its not f-zero because of the enime and boss design things dont quite fit with a racing game

only a month to go and we will know

if nintendo could put new metroid zelda and mario then we might as will bury the ps4 now it wont take much to bury it since it has no games to be buried with and we know mario always shows at E3 and its a zelda announcement year
The nintendo army always wins
Nocturne
Goomba
Goomba

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Re: todays big question what the hell is retro working on

Postby thomas » Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 am

I think there's no way they're showing it this E3, unless they already want to tease a game that won't come out for years, but they've only done that once (Metroid Prime 3, which I think they announced at E3 2005, but didn't release until 2007). Maybe next year, but otherwise E3 2016, I think.

As for what, I'd love to see another Metroid, or an otherwise deep 3D singleplayer experience, which Wii U is lacking.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Nocturne » Mon May 05, 2014 4:15 am

The nintendo army always wins
Nocturne
Goomba
Goomba

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby thomas » Mon May 05, 2014 4:42 am

I'm talking about Retro games, but in any case, both those games were delayed... a lot. Anyway, you think what you think, I just think it's unlikely. I don't see Retro making a presentable game in 6 months of development time.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby cpm » Mon May 05, 2014 7:33 am

I hope it is a new Metroid game or a new donkey kong game.
cpm
Goomba
Goomba

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby Windstar » Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

If it's Metroid, I hope it plays like Other M. A new IP would be great though.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby L.A.C. » Mon May 05, 2014 3:38 pm

If it's Metroid, I hope it's 3rd person like Other M. But I hope it's a new IP. They have earned the right to create something completely original.
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby Windego » Mon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

I think it's about high time we got a new StarFox though. Online dogfights and an actual plotline past Command. Plus as far as I know, none of the endings in Command can be considered the canon one. Although I get the feeling the one where Krystal dumps Fox for Panther again might be it.
Windego
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby thomas » Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 am

Treasure for Star Fox, all the way. I can't think of a better match.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Tue May 06, 2014 9:02 am

I want Retro to develop some kind of open-world third-person action adventure game. They could use the Metroid IP or even Star Fox or create something new as long as its set in space or foreign worlds. I just want some sci-fi game from Nintendo and Retro are masters with creating such an atmosphere.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby TiggyPudding » Wed May 07, 2014 5:21 am

Eh, not that much of a Metroid fan (Though I've only ever played Super Metroid.) New Star Fox all the way! A Starfox Adventures without the weirdness and more Arwings would be nice.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby L.A.C. » Thu May 08, 2014 1:09 am

That would be interesting, ehead. I would definitely be into that.

On the other hand, the reason I want them to do an original IP is to see what they can come up with. A new concept not dependent on an existing series. Rare were given this chance and they created Banjo-Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark. After breathing new life into Metroid and Donkey Kong, I think they have more than earned the right to do their own thing as well. Who knows the classic that could come up from that.
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Postby ZyroXZ2 » Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 pm

They did say that this E3 will talk about games for 2014 AND BEYOND... So maybe they'll include the entire fiscal year at E3! (fiscal year goes until end of March)
Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

^^/
ZyroXZ2
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

Nintendo Network ID:

Return to Wii U