[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Zelda Wii U (you know that one)

Zelda Wii U (you know that one)

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Zelda Wii U (you know that one)

Postby ehead » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:11 pm

So let's get the train rolling! Who is hyped? Personally, I love the look of the game and the goal the devs are trying to achieve. Here's hoping it won't get delayed. Game of E3 for me together with The Witcher 3.

Gifs for y'all (credits to Gaf user dmr87):
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Re: Zelda Wii U (you know that one)

Postby thomas » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the art-style as much as Wind Waker's. Link totally looks like a girl... whether he is or not, I don't really mind either way.

I do hope there's some new environments, though!
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Windstar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Looks beautiful. I'm guessing the bow is going to be important. The arrow looks pretty intricate. And Link has a visible quiver which I don't think the series has done before. I don't think they're going to remove the sword completely but maybe it suggests the bow itself could be the new important weapon while the sword is a sub-weapon.

And yeah Link does look especially effeminate. Maybe they were trying to make him look younger. Also, generic horse. Not Epona. Interesting. This kind of reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus for some reason.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby TiggyPudding » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Love it! And that Link is totally hot. He's not a girl, he just has a slight ponytail. Men can have ponytails. Link's always looked a bit femenine anyway, that's why female cosplayers pull him off so well.

Priorities out of the way ( ;) ) this is going to be so gorgeous. According to a Nintendo rep that trailer was all made from the in-game engine too. I'm digging this art style a lot, it's like Skyward Sword crossed with a hint of Wind Waker, though I'm noticing the latter more in Link himself than the enviroment. His shirt is the same as his Wind Waker clothes and his face, and especially his eyes have a softened Wind Waker feel.

Also, don't know if I heard this correctly but there was 4-Player co-op mentioned by Aonuma? GIMMEEE
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Open World!!

Thats what Im most excited about! The game really looks viewtiful, the environment looks too good and I like Girl Link. Pretty weird that he is not wearing a green tunic, huh?

BTW, Link totally stole Big Boss ponytail and open worldness.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:53 pm

@Tiggu: It wasn't just the ponytail that made me think girl... he has an hourglass figure (or relatively wide hips anyway), slim yet curvy arms and a strong blush on the face. If you add those up... anyway the consensus seems to be it's still a guy.

And yeah the lack of sword is pretty noticeable... Aonuma did mention co-op gameplay before. Maybe there will be 2 Links, one with sword and one without? Or Zelda will join in?

Man, I adore the cell-shaded anime visual look of the character.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Windstar » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 pm

I didn't even notice the pony tail. Usually I hate pony tails on male characters but it doesn't look too bad here. What do you think the odds are we get to customize Link's attire this time around? Would be pretty cool. And no Zelda trailer has shown Link in his start up clothes. At least I don't think.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 pm

First time I saw the trailer I thought that's definitely male Link but it looks more anime-ish than ever. Maybe its the eyes but that's definitely a guy. Now, Mr. Aonuma states that they never mentioned explicitly that its Link. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 am

That's cool, I really think this will be a part of the co-op thing they talked about. A Link with a sword, and another character (male or female) with a bow. Control this character with the gamepad, control Link with WM+...? One can only hope.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Windstar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:38 am

That's what I'm thinking now too. Maybe Link's twin sister.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:25 am

Girl Link confirmed!

Hey, maybe you play as Link and Tetra s kids!
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:01 am

Apparently people have spotted a sword on the horse, so there's that.

I wonder if shooting bow and arrow is really better/faster with gamepad than with WM+. Can anyone who played NintendoLand confirm?

I just think there's no way they're launching this in 2015. All the other Zelda's took longer, and this is the first one in HD, and looks to have the biggest Zelda world by far. Add to that that they've only teased the game so far, when Skyward Sword was 1.5 years away they had a pretty big playable demo. This'll slip into 2016 for sure, all the more because they have half a dozen games announces for 2015 already. Although I think Star Fox will slip, too (only in development for 6 months, no real assets, Miyamoto is only now looking for a development team...)

See if you can spot the console Zelda pattern:

Early 2000 Majora's Mask (1.5 years to make)
Late 2002 Wind Waker (2.5 years to make)
Late 2006 Twilight Princess (4 years to make)
Late 2011 Skyward Sword (5 years to make)
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:41 am

I'm kinda curious if Nintendo will go with DLC on this one. They're slowly embracing DLC for their big games. This could help extending the game's lifespan especially since its open world like Skyrim.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Windstar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm

You had to use the gamepad in NintendoLand to shoot arrows but it felt just as accurate as the Wii remote in Twilight Princess.

Man Zelda games take so long to create.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby L.A.C. » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:20 pm

The game looks beautiful and the world looks really big. I mostly love the fact that it focuses on exploration and freedom. I am not thrilled about Link's design (if he is Link). He looks like a girl. I know Anuma said something like "who said he is Link?", but I don't believe him much since years ago, before Twilight Princess was released, I remember someone from the press refer to Link's horse as Epona and Miyamoto said something like "who said this horse is Epona?".
L.A.C.
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Nintendo Network ID:

Next

Return to Wii U