[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Nefarious Kickstarter!

Nefarious Kickstarter!

Nintendo enters the HD era.

Nefarious Kickstarter!

Postby Kiipo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:47 pm

:'(

Hey guys! Just wanted to take a moment to share with you a kickstarter I'm running that is currently live and recently launched! It's a trope inversion, you don't rescue the princess, you kidnap her! It's a traditionally animated side-scroller with a focus on action, and explosion based weaponry. With the additional mechanic of a carrying a Princess who somehow affects your movement. An insectoid princess flapping her wings makes you lighter, a molten hot princess makes the air around you super hot! Or you might just find yourself kidnapped by a especially strong Princess.

Kickstarter link:

Heres some animations I've been working on with Brad Borne of Fancy Pants Adventures.

Image Image Image

-Josh
Kiipo
Goomba
Goomba

Re: Nefarious Kickstarter!

Postby thomas » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:51 am

Love the animations and how frantic everything is.

Also, good use of smilies. 9/10
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 am

^Indeed. Nice animations and the <strikethrough>protag</strikethrough> antagonist kinda reminds me of No.9. Would love to try this KS thing but my Paypal is closed for now. Will try to get a new one soon.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Windstar » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 am

Looks great. Hope it gets funded.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:56 pm

We generally have a rule against signing up just to advertise something, but I like everyone involved with this project soooo

Still moving it to the Wii U section so I can display some level of mod power.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby TiggyPudding » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Very cool! I can't help you out with the Kickstarter at the moment but from what I've seen I would definitely buy this. Keep us updated! ;)
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby Shade180 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I think the premise of this game is definitely intriguing. We've had games where you play as the villain before, like Overlord, but never one where you actually go out kidnapping princesses. Could give us a good idea of what people like Bowser have to go through before Mario kicks him to the curb.

Also, I can't help think that the main character's outfit kinda looks like the Robo-Drilldigger from Mario and Luigi Dream Team.
Shade180
Para Goomba
Para Goomba

Postby thomas » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:14 pm

I'd put spoilers, but... it's been so long since this came out... *cough*Braid*cough*
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Kiipo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Kiipo
Goomba
Goomba

Return to Wii U