[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Postby ehead » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Since the last thread was about upcoming movies, I thought of creating a general thread where we can discuss anything about movies. What was the last movie you saw? Saw a great movie and wanted to recommend it to other people? What movie made you walk out the theater? Anticipated sequels/remakes?

I'll start by posting movies I liked during the past decade/movies I've seen recently. (This will be a bit larger than my regular posts)

Great movie! Felt good after watching it. Funny and inspirational, the cast delivered the goods. This is the latest movie in my list but it already is one of my favorites.

Saw this last Halloween (always had a series of watching horror movies every October). Another great film, lots of blood, there's some nudity and lots of funny scenes. I definitely recommend this one for fans of the horror/thriller genre.

Action and comedy done well. I prefer this one over The Other Guys. Its about dudes getting high and shooting sh*t. Can't get any better than that. :lol

I just felt I needed to post a Steve Carrell film, always loved his work. The man is funny. Also, in my honest opinion, he played the best character in Anchorman (pretty excited with the announcement of the sequel). *Please disregard the creepy nature of the movie poster.*

Lastly (for now),
Favorite film of the past decade, can't tell? Just look at my avatar. I can not express my love for this film. I watch it several times in a year. Y'all should watch it.

*bow*
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Re: General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Postby TiggyPudding » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Ah, was wondering what your avatar was. Don't watch many films, last film I saw was Kung Fu Panda 2 XD. Was pretty good actually.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby thomas » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Eternal Sunshine's probably the greatest romantic comedy ever. I didn't recognise the image though, my DVD (yes I buy films, well, films I'll watch again) cover has them on the ice.

Didn't really care for 40 Year Old Virgin, prefer Sarah Marshall myself. Haven't seen Pineapple Express yet. Liked 50/50, but wasn't as mindblowing as I thought after all the hype.

I don't think I've seen any films the past month. Just tons of TV shows. I saw half of Hugo about a month ago, 't was good, but I was suffering from a jetlag so only saw half.

I adore Emma Stone (new Spider-Man!) but this was mediocre and predictable. Not "mediocre" as in "I-mean-to-say-awful-but-I'm-using-mediocre-instead", but just... forgettable. Good on Ryan Gosling for playing in so many good films lately though.

Focused on too much personal-overblown-I-want-an-oscar drama and barely any actual politics. Plenty of better biographical films around.

Actually haven't seen this in a while, but I never hear anyone talk about it and I find it absolutely hilarious/awesome. This one came out before I got sick of Downey Jr always playing the same guy. No Sherlock 2 for me.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:27 pm

^I haven't seen much Meryl Streep movies. Last one I saw was Deer Hunter, and that movie was released in the 80s I think. :lol
*brofist* for Emma Stone. I like her, she oozes charm. Will probably watch the Amazing Spiderman for her. Anyway, I also liked Crazy, Stupid, Love. Its good but not great, still fun to watch. :)

Oh my. Val Kilmer? I remember seeing some pictures of him nowadays. He really let himself go, isn't he? Anyway, might give that film a try if a video store has 'em. But hey its from the creators of Lethal Weapon, can't go wrong with that, right?

Also, let me add "the Dead" series.

Remakes be damned, but this one is actually good.Film has running zombies, gore, suspense, stupid scenes, etc.. Also, it is faithful to the original and added diversity and other good stuff.

The first film to feature running zombies, right? Also, film has great cinematography and compelling story. I want a sequel, give me 28 Months Later!

And Tiggy, try to watch more films! Just avoid bad ones. :D
Anyway, any film your into right now?

Oh btw, anyone watched this one:

I tried watching the trailer and it made me cringe so much. >:(
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Windstar » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't watch much movies but I wanna see everything Seth Rogen is in basically.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Ron » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Heres some of my favorite movies:

Disturbia

Texas Chainsaw Massacre(Remake)

Superbad

Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Last movie I saw was J. Edgar. Great movie. Leonardo DiCaprio is amazing in this one.

I hated Crazy Stupid Love, the only good thing about that movie was Kevin Bacon.

You are tearing me apart, Ehead! O hai Windstar. The Room is soooooooooo bad it is hilarious. The main guy is unbelievable. If you can get past the shitiness of the movies itself, you may enjoy the stupid dialogue and the bad acting.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby ehead » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

@Windstar: Yeah, I really need to watch Freaks and Geeks.

@Ron: Superbad is also good. Its all about McLovin. :D

@Sr. Gabo: The only supposed-to-be-redeeming factor in the film would be that it featured some nudity but f*ck, even those scenes are bad. So bad.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:26 pm

As I said, the movie is hilarious if you like bad movies.

I cant wait for the Avengers, I guess Iron Man if my favorite movie of the bunch.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Valay » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

I saw 21 Jump Street a few weeks ago. I was extremely surprised! I thought it'd be nothing more than a dumb movie (it sort of was...), but it was much more hilarious than I thought it'd be.
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby ehead » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 am

^That's the thin Jonah Hill film, right? Its not on theaters here yet. I might try Wrath of the Titans. The previous film was enjoyable but that's about it.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby ehead » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 am

I'll try posting some non-English movies which I found great and needs more attention. I'll start with:

[REC]. Great movie. I love the atmosphere and the feeling of being confined in a small place surrounded by infected. Also, this is one of those documentary-style films which was done right. Btw, its Spanish and it has lots of blood and suspense. I can not wait for the 3rd film!

Let the Right One In. Another horror movie, but doesn't feel like it right away. It might start a bit slow. But it has one of the most memorable climaxes for me.

Grave of the Fireflies. I dare all of you to watch this without flinching. Ultimate heart-breaker film for me.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 am

Wow, this came out the same year as the Matrix? Definitely feels like a 90's film (whereas Matrix clearly doesn't). Good acting, a tad predictable with a message we've heard before.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Windstar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I loved the American Pie series and all of it's cheesiness. Can't wait for American Reunion!
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby Ron » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Ron
Blarg
Blarg

Next

Return to The Lounge