[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Re: General movies thread of what have you seen lately?

Postby thomas » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:10 am

Tickets are expensive there? I probably would've seen Kimi no Na wa (if it's still playing anyway). Can't wait to see that.

I liked Fantastic Beasts! But Arrival is one of the best films of the year. And Moana / Vaiana was fantastic.

And Rogue One? You guys seen it? I liked it more than Force Awakens in a lot of ways. Definitely the prettiest Star Wars yet. 8/10 overall I think.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Rogue One was great. I love "seeing" Tudyk in movies. Pretty sad about Carrie and her mother.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:18 am

Yeah RIP Carrie & mom :(

La La Land was great! If you're cool with sweet romantic movies. It's absolutely gorgeous and so well acted. Surprisingly funny. At the time of writing it's likely to be the winner for Best Picture Oscar.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:27 pm

I dont like musicals. I dont think Ill like it.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby thomas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:20 am

It has like 5 songs and they're well-integrated in the movie. I think the best way to tell if you'd like the movie is to watch .
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:59 am

I saw Hunt for the Wilderpeople on my flight a few days ago. I can't say that it is as great as What We Do in the Shadows but I believe its one of the best adventure movies I've seen. Great comedy, has a lot of heart and amazing shots. New Zealand looks amazing.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby thomas » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Yeah that's on my to-watch list for sure.

I also saw Swiss Army Man and... it's mind-blowing.

Here's a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrK1f4TsQfM
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Sr.Gabo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm

The Oscars, amirite?
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Previous

Return to The Lounge