[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 685: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Nintendo Everything Forums • View topic - Non-popular series entries that you like the most

Non-popular series entries that you like the most

Discuss anything that does not fall under topics mentioned in the other boards.

Non-popular series entries that you like the most

Postby Valay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:16 pm

This is kind of in response to Super Paper Mario, which is my favorite in the series. Yep, that's my favorite Paper Mario game. Now, I still haven't played the GameCube one for whatever reason and the 3DS title is in my backlog, but I adored Super Paper Mario. That's a very unpopular opinion!

Anything like this for you guys?
Valay
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Re: Non-popular series entries that you like the most

Postby pie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Well in response to Paper Mario, the Gamecube is my favorite followed Super Paper Mario. I'm not sure if I really like games in a series that people hate. In reverse, Uncharted 2 is my least favorite (Not counting Vita) and it seems to be the most liked one.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby Patrick » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is the only half-decent Golden Sun game. I wouldn't call them my favourite games in the series, but I really like Final Fantasy VIII and X-2. Also, the Tactics Advance games are way better than the original Final Fantasy Tactics.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Patrick
Magikoopa
Magikoopa

Postby Sr.Gabo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Not that I can think of.
Our Heaven and our Hell... This is Outer Heaven
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby Windstar » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush series are probably the most overlooked Sonic series entries.

I love Sonic Advance, even more than the Genesis games. I just think it looks better and it's a lot more forgiving, plus there's so many characters to play as.

Sonic Rush is probably the ideal Sonic game for people who don't like Sonic. It takes out a lot of the platforming mechanics that would normally kind of break Sonic's momentum so it's like a constant adrenaline rush all the way through the level. Also some funky music by Hideki Naganuma who also composed for Jet Set Radio.

I don't know if I should say Chibi-Robo since it's the most popular in it's franchise despite being generally unpopular. But I just really love that game and I hate that I'll probably never play the third installment :c
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby ehead » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 am

Metroid Fusion. I liked it better than Super Metroid (I think). I never also finished the Prime games except for Corruption, I liked that the best.
ehead
Toad
Toad

Wii number:

Postby Windstar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 am

I loved Fusion! Those segments when you're completely defenseless being chased by the other Samus were genuinely scary.

That reminds me, I also really liked the Mega Man Legends series. I like that this was so different compared to previous Mega Man games, it was more open-world, large cast of colorful characters, Roll was human (and has her own story in Legends 2), and I liked that you had to buy/make weapon attachments rather than copying enemies. Also it is interesting to think that this game takes places thousands of years after Mega Man X but the world looks way less futuristic. Actually, there seems to be a lot more nature than machinery. But there are sort of underground mechanical ruins and it seems that no one really knew how they got there. I think it implies some sort of event wrecked everything and when you consider Mega Man's past is kind of an integral part of the story, it makes you wonder. 'Tis a shame there won't be a Legends 3 to tie these loose ends.
Windstar
Peach
Peach

Postby TiggyPudding » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 pm

About Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door is my favourite. Super's probably my least favourite :P (close between that and Sticker Star but SS had more humor)

And I had no idea there was a third Chibi-Robo! I know there was the GC one (which I played to absolute death), and Park Patrol. Was the third another DS one or something?

Megaman Starforce is the first game (well, series) that comes to mind. Personally I really enjoyed them but everyone I speak to about it says there were mediocre at best :'(
And the only other game I can think of is the second Phoenix Wright. It's often thought of as the worst one but it was one of my favourite games o the series :p Same with Apollo Justice, actually.
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby incominggame » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 pm

The only game I can think of is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. It's a close call, but it's my favorite game in the series so far (haven't played birth by sleep, Re:coded and dream,drop,distance yet). I liked the subdivision of the game in missions, it really suited the DS well. I also liked the fact we get to see more of the organisation and the explanation of what happened between kindgom hearts 1 and kingdom hearts 2.
incominggame
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Wii number:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 pm

I love Fusion, Other M is the black sheep.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby pie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:25 am

Oh I like Other M! but considering I've only played a few hours in to most metroid games, and never played Super Metroid thats not a series I can comment on.
pie
Toad
Toad

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:

Postby Sr.Gabo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 am

I havent play it, but it is very controversial, from what I read online.
Sr.Gabo
Yoshi
Yoshi

Postby TiggyPudding » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

I've played the first Metroid but that's about it :P (I really should get on top of that)
TiggyPudding
Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr.

Nintendo Network ID:
3DS Friend Code:
Wii number:

Postby thomas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Double Dash used to be the black sheep (mostly among retro snobs though), it's my fav.
thomas
Peach
Peach

Postby Windstar » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 am

Windstar
Peach
Peach

Next

Return to The Lounge