Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update out now (version 1.2.0)
Update: Patch notes added below. Pikmin racing suit added for Pikmin-themed amiibo, several changes and improvements.
OriginalNintendo just started to distribute a new update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. If you have the game, version 1.2.0 is now available.
Nintendo has not yet published the patch notes for today’s update. We’ll add them in here when we have them.
- Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.