Nintendo World planning Yo-kai Watch launch event
This Saturday, Nintendo World will be celebrating the launch of Yo-kai Watch in North America with a special event.
Several activities are planned, which are as follows:
– View the upcoming toys
– Learn the Yo-kai Dance and meet costumed character Jibanyan
– First 75 fans can take photos and get autographs from Level-5 CEO and creator Akihiro Hino
– Participate in a scavenger hunt
– Memory challenges
– Massive game of “telephone”
Nintendo World’s Yo-kai Watch launch event will take place between 11 AM and 2 PM. For more information, head past the break.
The giant Yo-kai Watch inside the Nintendo World store in Rockefeller Plaza is counting down the days, hours and minutes until the YO-KAI WATCH game launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The YO-KAI WATCH series is an absolute phenomenon in Japan and promises to make a big splash when it launches in the U.S. on Nov. 6. The game is part of a broad entertainment blitz of video games, toys and an animated comedy series.
To celebrate the game’s exciting launch, Nintendo will host an event at Nintendo World on Nov. 7. At the event, attendees can play games, view the upcoming toys, learn the Yo-kai Dance and meet costumed character Jibanyan, the feline star of YO-KAI WATCH. The first 75 fans in line will also get the opportunity to take photos and get autographs from the creator of YO-KAI WATCH and Founder, President/CEO of LEVEL-5 Inc. Akihiro Hino. LEVEL-5 Inc. is the developer of the YO-KAI WATCH video game.
Starting at 11 a.m. and running until 2 p.m., the launch event will be filled to the brim with fun activities, most themed after the mischievous Yo-kai in the game.
Attendees can learn the hilarious YO-KAI WATCH dance and participate in a scavenger hunt, fun memory challenges and a massive game of “telephone.” All activities are inspired by Yo-kai from the game and their unique personalities.
Creator of YO-KAI WATCH and Founder, President/CEO of LEVEL-5 Inc. Akihiro Hino, Jibanyan, Nintendo fans, families
Saturday. Nov. 7
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Autograph signing with Akihiro Hino: 1-2 p.m.
10 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
• Founder, President/CEO of LEVEL-5 Inc. Akihiro Hino interacting with fans.
• Be one of the first to catch the YO-KAI WATCH phenomenon when it arrives stateside.
• The adorable and smile-inducing Jibanyan costumed character interacting and taking photos with fans.
• A giant Yo-kai Watch in front of the Nintendo World store.
• Nintendo fans participating in fun activities, including a massive game of “telephone” and the YO-KAI WATCH dance.
Source: Nintendo PR