Nintendo’s E3 2019 tournament attendee details and FAQ
Posted on May 19, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in General Nintendo, News
Nintendo’s E3 2019 activities essentially start on June 8. Three separate tournaments will be held on that day – one for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, another for Splatoon 2, and a final one for Super Mario Maker 2.
The great thing about these tournaments is that Nintendo is allowing fans to stop by and catch all of the action in-person. Of course, those who can’t attend will be able to watch the events online as well.
Here’s some additional information for those who plan on attending the tournaments, along with an FAQ:
Attendee Policies for Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 & Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019Location:The Theater at Ace Hotel, 929 S Broadway St, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (“Venue”)Date(s):June 8, 2019Event Start Time:11:00 A.M. Pacific TimeDoors Open:10:00 A.M. Pacific TimeDoors Close:10:30 A.M. Pacific TimeLines Open:8:00 A.M. Pacific Time
Distribution of badges to begin at approximately 8:00 A.M. Pacific Time
Where will the Event take place?
The Event will take place at The Theatre at Ace Hotel, located at 929 S Broadway St, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
When will the Event take place?
The Event will be on June 8th, starting at 11:00 A.M Pacific Time. Doors will open at 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time.
How do I register?
- There is no pre-registration for the Event.
- Distribution of general admission badges to begin approximately 8:00 A.M. Pacific Time.
- Attendance will be limited based on the availability of seats and provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Where can I get updates about the status of the line and the Event?
Nintendo social media channels will be used to provide updates of the availability to tickets.
Is there any cost?
No. The Event is free to all Attendees.
Do I need an E3 badge?
No. Only a general admission badge for the Event is needed.
What if I don’t get a badge?
You can still enjoy the Event through our streaming options. Please visit e3.nintendo.com for more information.
Can I leave the line once I have my badge?
Yes, you can leave the line and return once doors open, however, you cannot save your place in line and must go to the back of the line upon return.
Can I leave the Event and re-enter?
No re-entry will be permitted once you are admitted into the venue.
Are there any age restrictions?
No, but Minors (17 years of age or younger) attending the Event must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Do I need to bring an ID?
General admission attendees will not require an ID.
Will there be a coat/bag check?
Yes, this will be provided once you are in the venue.
Will there be a coat/bag security search?
Attendees may be subject to security screening which may include metal detectors and bag searches. All prop weapons must be submitted to Event security for inspection and approval prior to entering the Venue. Prop weapons are only permitted onto the premises if approved by Event security. Nintendo reserves the right to limit backpacks, large bags, prop weapons and similar items.
Where do I go to line up?
Outside The Theatre at Ace Hotel, located at 929 S Broadway St, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
How early can I get in line?
The line will begin at 8:00 A.M. Pacific Time.
Can I reserve a spot in line for a friend?
Reserving spots in line and/or reserving seats once inside the venue is not permitted.
Will there be food/drink available at the Event?
Yes, there will be concessions available for purchase at the Event.
What am I allowed to bring with me?
- Attendees must not bring the following items onto the premises: weapons, markers, skateboards, lighters, controlled substances, large containers, gum, stickers, recording devices (excluding cell phones and any recording devices possessed by authorized media), food or beverages (other than empty plastic sports bottles or medically necessary items).
- All prop weapons must be submitted to Event security for inspection and approval prior to entering the Venue. Prop weapons are only permitted onto the premises if approved by Event security, which approval is subject to Event security’s sole discretion. Nintendo reserves the right to limit backpacks, large bags, prop weapons and similar items.
Can I take photos/video during the event? Can I post on social media?
Attendees are not permitted to film, record, or transmit or aid in filming, recording, or transmitting any picture, video, audio, or other reproduction of the Event. Nintendo is the exclusive owner of all copyrights and other proprietary rights in same.