Fabraz has confirmed plans to bring Planet Diver to Wii U. It’s unknown when it will be up on the eShop, but development is underway.
Planet Diver has players taking on the role of an interstellar wingsuit diver out looking for thrills. Here’s the overview from the game’s Steam page:
Planet Diver is about an adventurous daredevil tackling her newest obsession: Wing suit diving. With her close robotic companion Buddy she’ll travel across space to seek out the most dangerous planets and their respective chasms to dive in. You’ll dive through a variety of deadly and exotic planets, fighting off the flora and fauna of each locale, while collecting valuable star stuff to further fund your adventures.
Use your hard earned rewards to fly to more distant planets, as well as to acquire new outfits and special ability modifiers! Along the way you can compete online for the best dive or try to unlock rewards by completing tough challenges. Careful how deep you dive though… Who knows what slumbers within the planet’s core?
– An extensive campaign made out of 3 planets, 9 biomes and 75 unique missions with a quirky story and challenges.
– Carefully crafted, randomly generated chasms that make each dive unique!
– An endless arcade mode for each planet that pushes the challenge to the limit.
– All planets have their own special biomes, obstacles, enemies and bosses!
– Fast paced gameplay where you need to avoid, brake and speed up like a pro!
– Unique obstacles and enemies like bats that follow your every move, lava that slowly cuts off your escape or a… giant whale?!
– A lot of terrifying boss fights that require fast reflexes and a sharp mind.
– A vibrant setting with a fun, quirky story to explore in the depth of space!
– A cool astro shop full of unlockables like diving suits, modifiers and music!
– Competitive leaderboards for the score junkies out there!
– Plenty of hidden easter eggs that can be found throughout the extensive planet surfaces you explore!
– NEW: Speed running mode to compete for the fastest completion of each mission!
– NEW: Black hole mode that allows you to customize your dives by adjusting the chasm generation!
You can find a trailer for Planet Diver below. We’ll let you know when we hear more about a specific launch timing.