SEGA 3D Classics Collection heading to North America in April
SEGA 3D Classics Collection is coming to North America, and it will be released on April 26. The package will be distributed both physically and digitally. Pricing is set at $29.99 / CA$44.99.
Nine classic SEGA games are included in SEGA 3D Classics Collection. They are as follows:
Power Drift – A high octane sprite-based circuit racer.
Puyo Puyo 2 – A head-to-head competitive puzzle game.
Maze Walker – A 3D mystery adventure.
Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – A classic psychedelic scrolling shooter.
Fantasy Zone II W – Fantasy Zone II W is basically an updated version of the game above.
Sonic The Hedgehog – Control the iconic character in the classic fast-paced platformer.
Thunder Blade – Helicopters, guns, missiles and explosions. What more do you need?
Galaxy Force II – Save the galaxy in this space themed3D shoot ’em up.
Altered Beast – A beat ’em up set in ancient Greece.
Screenshots from SEGA 3D Classics Collection are in the gallery below. You can also find a more comprehensive overview of the various games after the break.
Because it’s a collection, the most prudent thing to do would be to list the games included, starting with the titles never-before-released outside of Japan first:
- Power Drift – This sprite-based circuit racer puts you head to head against other AI racers in a twisting, turning, jumping, looping race to the finish.
- Puyo Puyo 2 – This head-to-head competitive puzzle game is simple to learn, hard to master, and compellingly addictive. Compete against the AI or friends in local multiplayer. Note: because of the quirks of trying to localize a game hard-coded in Japanese, the game has been left entirely in its original language. English instructions are available in the included digital manual.Next, we have a pair of rarities not released on the 3DS before – true collectibles for the Master System enthusiast:
- Maze Walker – Originally designed for the SegaScope 3-D glasses on the Sega Master System, Maze Walker comes to life on the 3DS, faithfully reproducing the sense of depth as players try to escape the mysterious, twisting maze filled with unknown dangers. Originally released as Maze Hunter for the Master System in the West.
- Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa – The sentient space ship Opa-Opa is back to defend its bases from evil (but cute!) invaders in the classic scrolling shooter. For SEGA history buffs, this version ofFantasy Zone II is the original Master System version.And for the previously released titles:
- Fantasy Zone II W –Fantasy Zone II W, which was originally created for the Master System, is the version of Fantasy Zone II upgraded to the graphical capabilities of the System- 16 arcade board with added 3D effects. You can enjoy it in 2 game modes with different rules.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – The evil scientist, Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik), has snatched the animals of South Island, turning them into robot slaves. Only the famed blue blur can defeat Dr. Eggman and rescue the animals from his vile clutches in the game that started it all for the fastest hedgehog – Sonic!
- Thunder Blade – In Thunder Blade, players control a helicopter and use guns and missiles to destroy enemy vehicles while flying between buildings, through caves, and into enemy bases. The re-mastered version boasts stereoscopic 3D visuals and adds a host of new features.
- Galaxy Force II – As the star pilot of the Space Federation, it’s up to you to strap yourself into your TRY-X fighter and turn the tables on the invade forces of Halcyon and the Fourth Empire in this 3D shoot ’em up. This remastered version has upgraded graphics with double the resolution of the original for a more pleasing aesthetic.
- Altered Beast – Summoned from the dead by Zeus, players in Altered Beast must shape shift into various beasts and fight off hordes of demons to rescue the captured Athena from the clutches of Neff. Offers local co-op multiplayer.
Source: SEGA PR