Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack from Guacamelee dev DrinkBox gets surprise release on Switch
Posted on May 10, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Before DrinkBox created games like Guacamelee, the studio first worked on Tales From Space. The company has announced that it is releasing Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on Switch today, and it’s arriving on the eShop today.
Here’s an introduction to the puzzle platformer, along with a trailer:
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a sci-fi puzzle-platformer of cataclysmic proportions! You’re an ill-tempered blob that grows in size by swallowing everything in its path. Evolve from a tiny captive into a world-eating giant. Gain freakish abilities like magnetism, telekinesis, and rocket boosting. Use your mutant blob powers to devour the pathetic humans and all of civilization!
Key features include:
– 24 levels featuring a wide range of retro, 50’s-inspired environments.
– 5 ‘Tilt-a-Blob’ bonus levels featuring gyroscopic controls.
– Mind-boggling growth! Absorb everything you touch and grow to massive proportions.
– Jump, slam, roll, and rocket through the air! Push and pull your weight against metal! Move objects with telekinesis!
– Touch controls: use touch to manipulate the environment in handheld mode!
– Normal controls: for people who hate touch controls!
– In-game achievements. Can you become the platinum blob!?
Pricing for Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is set at $9.99 / €9.99. However, the game will be 30% off for its first two weeks on the eShop. Additionally, those who own any Drinkbox titles on Switch (Severed, Guacamelee! STCE, Guacamelee! 2) will get up to 40% off.
Source: DrinkBox PR