The Way Remastered dev warns players about a game-breaking bug
Posted on April 19, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
The Way Remastered is available for Switch tomorrow. But before you jump in, you should be aware of a game-breaking bug that can occur during the second boss fight.
Developer SONKA has already submitted a fix to Nintendo. If you want to ensure that you avoid the bug in the meantime, however, follow the steps below.
- the game crashes after second chase, when you have to figure out how to kill the boss,
- because data saving occurs during closing the game – if you didn’t do it previously – you will lose your save,
- to ensure that you don’t lose your save, close the game during second chase sequence to save the game
Killing the boss (see image below):
- you have to kill the boss within 2 minutes 30 seconds, otherwise the game will crash
- (1) collect the sphere in the center of arena, cutscene will play,
- (2) go to terminal on upper left and use sphere (ZR)
- (arrows) use ladder to go underground via newly opened shaft,
- (3 – 4) watch out for the enemy’s paws, use sphere on underground consoles on far-left and far-right,
- (5) go back up, use sphere on upper-left terminal to close the shaft, then (6) on upper-middle terminal to pour water, finally: (7) use upper-right terminal to open electricity circuit and kill the boss
- congratulations, you evaded a game crash!
Here’s an image explaining how to evade the bug: http://sonkagames.com/press/not_dog.jpg
Source 1: SONKA PR, Source 2