Rising Star Games and Supergonk have announced Trailblazers, a new co-operative racing game. It’s heading to Switch this spring.
Trailblazers involves painting the track, boosting on your color, and working as a team to win. Online play and local multiplayer are supported.
Supergonk was formed by industry veterans with over ten years of experience at studios such as Codemasters, Bizarre Creations and Lionhead. The studio “creates high-quality indie racing titles, and prides itself on creating innovative new experiences and never-before-seen game mechanics.”
You can find more information about Trailblazers below, along with the debut trailer.
Take control of high-speed racers in unique 3v3 team races across a series of colourful circuits. Paint the track as you race, capturing key areas to dynamically change the racing line, then boost on your team’s colour to dominate the race!
– True co-operative team racing with a brand new, never-before-seen core mechanic
– Exciting high-speed circuit racing with second-to-second strategy that is new to the genre
– Play online, either solo or together with split screen buddies
In Trailblazers, you don’t just take the racing line. You make it! Work with your teammates to paint the track surface, capturing the fastest straights and most technical corners for your team. Join your trails together over multiple laps to make a perfectly connected line around the track, and paint over your opponent’s color to deny them the race.
More paint means more boost! Driving on your color gives you a speed boost! Strategically paint the track in key areas to give your team an advantage. Boosting for longer unlocks higher top speeds, rewarding racers who can chain long trails together with no gaps. Capture the track and drive with accuracy to win the race!
Work together with your teammates to capture the track! The best teams will share painting and boosting duties, picking complementary drivers to maximize their individual skill-sets. But don’t forget about the opposing team! Paint over their trails to deny them boost, or save up your paint for aggressive attacks which shock the opposition and disrupt their strategy.
– A larger-than-life cast of drivers, including humans, aliens and psychotic robots!
– Drive a selection of different high-speed hover cars, each with unique stats and performance characteristics
– Join up with your friends in local multiplayer, or take it to online matchmaking with full split-screen support!
– Play through a series of unique chapters of single player Story Mode, each with a distinct series of asymmetrical objectives to complete
– Experience a pulse-pounding licensed soundtrack featuring awesome Future Funk tracks from indie artists.