Windjammers is coming to Switch, DotEmu has announced. The game will be released on the system later this year.
Originally released in 1994 for arcades, Windjammers is a sports action title. DotEmu ported the game to new platforms several months ago with new features, including online support.
Here’s a trailer for Windjammers on Switch, along with an overview from last year’s PlayStation release:
Sharpen your throwing and sliding skills and become the world’s best player!
Incredibly fun and intensely addictive, Windjammers is the adrenaline rush you’re looking for!
– 5 game modes: Arcade, Infinite, Local Versus, Online Quick Match, & Ranked Match
– Online Versus: for the first time ever, face other players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues!
– 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
– 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
– 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance & Bowling
– New HD menus
Originally released on the NeoGeo arcade system, Windjammers perfectly blends sports and fighting games. Sharpen your throwing and sliding skills, use the best techniques to defeat your opponents, and become the world’s best player!