Submit a news tip

Nintendo Switch cartridges intentionally taste bitter to dissuade ingestion

Posted on March 2, 2017 by in Switch

Several media outlets have been reporting that Nintendo Switch cartridges taste bitter. After Kotaku sent an inquiry, Nintendo responded, stating:

To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.

So, how many of you are going to lick your Switch cartridges as soon as you get them?


Leave a Reply