Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure Deluxe coming soon to Switch
Posted on December 18, 2017 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Game Swing has announced that Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure Deluxe is heading to Switch. It’s launching on December 29 in Europe and January 4 in North America as a digital download.
Stikbold! is a unique dodgeball game with all sorts of different game modes, including a campaign. The exclusive Deluxe version for Switch features new content plus “improved features and gameplay for up to 6 players”.
We’ve included a bunch of additional information and a trailer below.
Stikbold! is a hard-hitting, fast-paced dodgeball sports game set in a colorful and quirky 70s universe.
With brand-new content, improved features and gameplay for up to 6 players, the Switch-exclusive Deluxe edition is perfect for any party or social gathering.
Casually cooperative story mode (1-2 players)
Joink Stikbold! superstars Bjorn and Jerome on a tour through the zany universe as they embark on a co-op adventure to unravel the mysterious disappearance of rival love-interest Heidi Starbrow on the night of the big game! Battle your way through a surprising cast of funky characters and unlikely boss fights.
Playable solo or with your favorite buddy – beat the story, then beat your friend!
Brutally fun local multiplayer brawls (1-6 players)
Put your skills to the ultimate test in the definitive battle of the living room – will you be victorious or go down with a bam… and have your revenge from beyond!
Take control of level-specific hazardous events and use them to interfere and harass the remaining opponents instead of sitting idle while waiting for the next round to begin… don’t get mad, get even!
Inspired by the greatest party-game classics, Stikbold! offers accessible but deep gameplay with a great variety of playful twists to spice up the action and keep the party going.
– 6 unique arenas – humiliate your friends on a series of distinct environments with unique, gameplay-altering dynamics and level-specific player-controlled hazards.
– Up to 6 players – With Deluxe edition, max player count has increased to 6 to accomodate even bigger parties. Play Free-For-All, 3v3, 2v2v2 or perhaps someone frisky is up for a 5v1?
– 4 intense mini-games (2-6 players) – No party game is complete without mini-games. Mix it up with Handyball, Pop-pop, Crate Escape, and Wild Rumpus.
– Wheel of Rumpus (1-6 players) – This crazy new game show-inspired tournament will take the players on a playful tour through all the game’s content. Adaptation is key to success in this format, littered with bounties, secondary objectives, and decorative, cosmetic prizes to underline your victories.
– 18 colorful characters – Choose from the large roster of colorful athletes to find the personality quirky enough to match your style.
Source: Switch eShop / Game Swing PR