2.5D clown-themed platformer Ayo the Clown announced for Switch
Posted on March 24, 2021 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Cloud M1 has announced that Ayo the Clown, its 2.5D clown-themed platformer, is on the way to Switch. The title is due out this spring.
Here’s a whole bunch of information about Ayo the Clown straight from Cloud M1:
With Ayo the Clown, we’d like to reintroduce you to the incredibly fun platformer games of the ‘90s where platforming meets an inspiring and memorable story. Everybody will love Ayo the Clown’s unique and charming art style so expect the unexpected as this clown takes you through a world of pure imagination.
In Ayo’s hometown, things are generally peaceful. Accompanied by his talented circus dog, Bo, Ayo juggles in the park, hangs out at the carnival and longs after the Shoemaker’s granddaughter. Until one day, Bo goes missing!
You play as Ayo, your not-so-average clown, in search of his best friend and beloved dog who has mysteriously disappeared. What happened to Bo? Will they ever juggle together at the park again? Or set up that circus act they’ve always planned? You’ll find out along this incredible adventure as you strive to reunite clown and dog. Like all good adventures, you won’t be all on your own. Ayo’s world is full of friendly people and interesting creatures that are willing to lend a helping hand.
– Unique Platforms- The most important part of any platform game. Each stage has a unique theme and interesting platforms to ensure gaming is fun and not repetitive because Ayo is not the kind of clown to make the same old jokes over and over again. His jokes get better each time.
– Huge Bosses and loads of enemies- Take on bosses bigger than life itself and prove that clowns are much tougher than they seem. Don’t be fooled by Ayo’s sweet demeanor!
– Weapons – Tanks, helicopters, dinosaurs, toy hammers, balloon swords, water balloons, you name it. They can help uncover hidden places, extinguish fire, defeat enemies, prank your friends…etc.
– Skills- Head stomps, wall jumps, slope slides, and many more, Ayo sure has a lot of tricks up his sleeve.
– Side Quests- There’s plenty of side quests you can take on in Town or along your journey, so be prepared for some surprising rewards.
– Collectibles- Can you find and collect all the hidden items throughout the game? Rubber chicken and fart bag anyone?
You can see what Ayo the Clown has to offer in the trailer below.
Source: Cloud M1 PR