A Long Journey to an Uncertain End, narrative space opera management adventure, coming to Switch
Posted on November 21, 2023 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop
Original (5/30): Today, Crispy Creative announced that it’s working on a Switch version of A Long Journey to an Uncertain End. The game is dropping on Nintendo’s console later in 2023.
A Long Journey to an Uncertain End is a narrative space opera management adventure from former Obsidian and Telltale developers. Players will explore the universe, recruit an eclectic array of crewmates, and seek out opportunities to gather resources while staying one step ahead of their abusive ex.
Here’s an official overview with more details:
Sentient spaceships have been outlawed for centuries, but so far you’ve evaded capture thanks to your crew and holo-companion C.O.R.G.I. To keep flying and ensure your crew’s well-being, supplies are essential, but nothing comes free in the ‘verse. Visit new worlds and use your crew to work with locals to complete jobs. Success rewards you with valuable resources and gets you leads on opportunities on other worlds. You can even call in a few favors along the way.
Journey across the galaxy towards the Core to face whatever awaits you and your crew, but make sure to keep a close eye on the clock to avoid your ex catching up with you…
- What do you call a sentient spaceship? You decide by picking your preferred pronouns or customizing them to whatever you like!
- Fly across a vibrant galaxy as you explore planets, moons, and space stations.
- Bring aboard an eclectic crew from a diverse cast of characters with their own stories and skill sets.
- Assign crew to tasks based on their skills, and help guide their decisions along the way.
- Manage your resources to keep your crew happy and give them well-earned breaks from time to time. A happy crew is a productive crew… most of the time!
Get a look at a trailer for A Long Journey to an Uncertain End below.
Update (11/21): The game now has a confirmed release date of December 5, 2023 on Switch.